Part 4

The week flew by fast and now it was only a day before prom night.

"So, are we all gonna meet up before the dance or should we just find each other when we get there?"

Piko asked a simple question that made Oliver squirm; lucky for him, Flower decided she would answer.

"How about we meet when we get there? Oli and I got a surprise for everyone anyway, don't we?"

"Mhm."

Oliver was quiet and kept his eyes on the ground. He heard someone walking over but didn't look up to see who it was; it could only be one of two people anyway. Feeling the familiar weight of an arm being placed over his shoulders; he immediately knew who it was. He felt his stomach turn as he looked up to the boy next to him; he leaned into him.

"Hey Fukase."

"Hey hey. I heard something about a surprise? Now you've caught my interest. You gonna give us any hints?"

"Nah, you just gotta wait and see. Are you excited for the dance?"

As Fukase started to respond Oliver closed his eyes and let himself get lost in the other male's voice. He let out a gentle sigh and drifted off, thinking about everything he loved about the boy who was holding him; and about how it was all going to be ruined tomorrow. In his mind he begged Fukase not to laugh at him.

He heard Fukase let out a small laugh just then.

"Are you even awake Oli?"

He felt Fukase's fingers pushing through his hair as his eyes fluttered open.

"I'm sorry, did you ask me something?"

"Yeah I asked if you were gonna ditch me too."

"Ditch you?"

Only then did Oliver Look around and notice that Piko and Flower had gone off.

"Well obviously Piko's gonna spend the whole time swooning over Len, and Flower's gonna be chasing after Una the whole time. God, don't tell me that you've found another boy you like more than me; don't tell me that you're gonna leave me alone the whole night."

Fukase laughed and smiled brightly at Oliver. And the blonde boy just looked at him, willing for his face not to get any warmer.

"Of,, of course I won't leave you."

"Good! We'll spend the whole night together then! And if you try to leave I'll never forgive you."

Oliver smiled.