80. Join the Club

''Otto Hightower, Your Grace.''

''Say your peace.'' Alicent muttered.

''Now, what peace is that?'' Otto questioned

'I've conducted myself in a manner... unbefitting my station. Or any other. I lost composure... assaulted the Princess. Already the word is spreading, the gossip speculating that I've gone mad.' Alicent remarked through a sob.

''All true.'' Otto agreed

''I disgraced myself. And ensured my husband's favor will forever rest on her, on Davina, on Rhaenyra on those bastards!'' Alicent said with a sneer.

''And yet... I've never seen that side of you, my daughter. I even doubted its existence.''

''It was an ugly thing. I regret it.''

''We play an ugly game. And now, for the first time, I see that you have the determination to win it.''

''Rhaenyra... Davina...'' Alicent began.

''You see her for what she is.'' Otto told her. "The world knows of Davina's temper-"

"But today she was calm, she didn't start this. They will see me as a manic!" Alicent corrected. ''What the King's stubbornness has wrought. What will he say to me?'' Alicent said miserably.

''He'll forgive you. What else can he do? Now go to him, be penitent, plead the injury to your son. Keep a grip on your passions. And I promise you, in time, you and I together will prevail.''

''What that rogue Aemond has done in winning Vhagar to our side.''

''The boy was right. It's worth a thousand times the price he paid.'' Otto agreed.

"But Aemond thanked Davina for him. I don't know who's side they are on."

+

''I'm handling it.' Davina assured as her arm was sewed up.

''Auntie-''

''Don't worry. I will handle everything.'' Davina said calmly. She didnt flinch as the maester sewed her up.

''You will scar, but the wound will heal. Valyrian steel cuts clean.'' Maester kelvyn informed her.

"Scars are sexy." Daemon assured kissing her head.

"Thank you Maester. Are the children-"

"A bit frightened I said you would visit them once you were sewed up." Daemon assured and Davina nodded.

''Gods. Is everyone all right?'' Laenor said entering the room, he had been in the waters since his sisters send off, he missed all the fun.

''A broken nose is the worst." Maester Kelvyn remarked.

'' Thank you, maester. Leave us.'' Rhaenyra requested ''You as well. You've already found enough trouble today.'' Rhaenyra told her boys

"Why don't you boys got to Daelia and Devin's room, keep them company for me." Davina suggested.

"Thank you Auntie." They echoed kissing her cheek. Davina watched them go.

''I should've been there.'' Laenor remarked softly.

''Those should be our house words.'' Rhaenyra teased

"Really should," Davina agreed.

''I have fought dreadful enemies, but I could not defend my dear sister far from home and in agony. I could not defend you or our children.''