Chapter 1

JISOO

I came out of another therapy session where I talked about the same things. My repetitive and boring routine, what I feel, what I think about every day before I go to sleep and every day before I wake up... I would be lying if I said I was feeling any improvement or evolution... I wasn't, nothing happened... The pain and the bitterness was still there, but maybe that was because I didn't tell my therapist the whole truth, and I couldn't do it anyway.

I got into my car and took out my cell phone, looking at the date. January 11, 2025... It was exactly 8 years since it all happened, and I could clearly remember everything. I could feel the unbearable pain, the tears leaking from the sides of my eyes, my vision blurring and when it was all over. I remember waking up and receiving the news that took me off the ground and totally changed my life, but at that time, I saw it as a second chance.

I didn't want to cry, and I was fighting it. My phone rang, causing a picture of me and Lisa to flash across the screen.

"Hello..." Lisa says excitedly on the other end of the line. "How's my little rabbit?" I took a deep breath.

"Well..." Lalisa soon realized something was wrong and smacked her mouth.

"Oh, Jisoonie. I know there's something wrong." I sighed. "What happened?"

"Today is January 11, Lisa." She seemed to be speechless, and I could imagine her mouth open and blinking several times, trying to say something. "You do not need to say anything." I sniffled, not realizing when rebellious tears rolled down my face against my will.

"I'm sorry, Jisoonie, I didn't remember."

"It's okay, Lisa... Just like every year I just go home and have wine." I heard her sad laugh.

"To sleep quickly, right?" I denied.

"It doesn't have that effect anymore." I swallowed hard. "But why did you call me?"

"I just wanted to talk to you and make sure you were all right."

"Don't worry, I'm fine and if you're wondering if I'll do it again, I won't." In a desperate attempt I almost took my own life when Jennie showed up at my house and saved me. She was so angry, worried, and sad about me that I promised myself and her I would never do anything like that again.

"Hey, how about we make a call the four of us? Or five if Rosé is with Suzy." Laughs.

"She probably will be, are they married, or have you forgotten?" Lisa laughed.

"No, I haven't forgotten... But what do you think?"

"Sorry, but can we do it tomorrow? Today I really want to be alone." She didn't look too happy that I might be alone today, but she didn't retort, so we said goodbye briefly and I headed home, trying to get the memories of that day out of my mind.

I parked in my spot in the building and got out of the car, grabbed my bag, and closed the door, locking it. I took the elevator up to the hallway of my apartment and walked a few meters to the door.

It wasn't luxurious at all, but big enough for me who lived there alone, sometimes having visits from my parents and siblings. I tossed the bag somewhere and walked towards the bathroom, removing my clothes and leaving them along the way.

I got under the shower, letting the cold water wash away all the physical fatigue, hoping that with that shower I could feel better. Obviously I would be more comfortable, though I would still need the wine to comfort me.