6

When Naruto and Sasuke exit Icha Icha, the cool fall air blows on their faces. Sasuke sobers slightly more, and he can tell Naruto is still drunker than he should be.

    Naruto reaches for his cell in his pocket. He needs to call Itachi. As the phone rings on his end, he looks around and sees Sasuke walking away. He can't let him wander home like this; he's not a complete jerk. He was going to give the younger man a ride home.

    "Hey, where are you going? I can give you a ride. I'm calling Itachi now." Naruto yelled as Sasuke walked down the street.

    "I want breakfast and maybe another coffee. You coming?" Was all Sasuke said as he walked backward and further away from Naruto.

    Naruto could hear Itachi saying hello and his name over and over. But, his drunken brain said to follow, while a small logical part said to get them home. 

   "Hey, sorry, Tachi. I don't need a ride. I'll call when I am ready. I need breakfast." Giving Itachi no time to answer and hitting the red button on his screen to end the call.

     On the other end of the call, Itachi just looked at his phone and laughed. Placing it on the stand next to his bed.

   Gaara walked in from the bathroom and looked to Itachi, "Well is he needing a ride home yet?" Wanting to make sure Naruto wasn't going to get into trouble.

    "It seems our blonde is in the mood for breakfast." Laughing again, Itachi moved the blanket back for Gaara to get in.

   "Really? Well, it is a good thing we came to your place tonight. I hope he keeps us posted. I don't want to worry." Curling into Itachi's waiting arms.

   "He's going to be just fine. I have the driver following him anyways. I know how he is when he drinks. Now since I have you all to myself, let me see what I can do to make you not worry or stress." Itachi said, pushing Gaara over onto his back and caging him between his arms. Naruto walks faster, trying to catch up to the petite younger man. "So, what is open this time of night?"   

   "Let's go, Dobe, it's nice tonight, and it's my treat. I know a bakery that opens at 4 AM, and by the time we get there, it will just be opening." Still moving forward and not slowing down for Naruto.

    Naruto's addled brain placed his phone in his pocket and walked quickly to catch up. "Coffee sounds good, and so does a burger, but a doughnut will work. How do you know about this place?"

    "Will you walk? I want something to assist more than the cool air to sober me a little. I'm not going to bite. Let's eat. I know you are drunker than I am, so hurry up." His eyes look up and to the right as Naruto reaches him.

    The two walk in silence for what seems like forever to Naruto, "Are we almost there? This place is so far, it better be good."

    "Calm down. It's right there." Sasuke pointed a finger towards a small corner shop a block away.

    Naruto's eyes lit up in all the years he had lived in this city. This was the first time he had seen this bakery. As the two got closer, the smell of all the morning baking filled the air around all the buildings nearby. The door still said closed, but a beautiful woman came up to the door. Her hair was pulled back into a tight bun, her amber-colored eyes bright, and an apron over her red top and black pants.

   "Sasuke, dear, what do I owe the pleasure? How is your mother? Oh, please come in. I'm Kurenai, Sasuke's aunt. Welcome to my shop." Bright smile and hand held out to Naruto.

   "Nice to meet ya. I'm Naruto. This place smells amazing." Smiling back, eyes regarding the entirety of the small bakery.

   "I like him, Sasuke. You, sir, may have anything you want." Elbowing Sasuke and turning to pull Narito towards the display case.

   Naruto looked at the case, admiring all the sweets, cakes, doughnuts, and loaves of bread and still trying to figure out what he would get. After a few minutes had passed and looked at the extensive case, he decided on the croissant with ham, cheese, egg, and avocado. Noticing two steaming cups of coffee on the counter and a slight smirk on Sasuke's face, he relaxed.

    The time there was excellent. They both ate and enjoyed the semi-silence of the small bakery. On occasion, they could hear Kurenai yelling about something.

    Once finished, Naruto said his goodbyes and thanks for the delicious breakfast then they walked out the door back into the cool morning air.

   "Ready to go home? I can still give you a ride." Smile brightly and honestly.

    "Yeah, let's get home. Thank you for spending time with me, but there is no need for a car. I live right over here." Pointing in the direction of a giant skyscraper.

    Naruto had yet to realize how far into the city they had walked. Nor how close Icha Icha was to downtown. Still feeling a slight buzz, he grabbed Sasuke's hand, "Shall I escort you the rest of the way then, sir?" A small laugh escaped his lips as he said that.

    Sasuke looked away. The feeling of Naruto's hand holding his as they walked brought more feelings forward, even though it had been years since his crush on the older boy had been gone. 

     All of it came rushing back as the heat of Naruto's hand made his face flame, his stomach flips, and his breath rigid. They walked in silence some more, Sasuke enjoying the fact they didn't need to talk to be content.

   The sun was starting to peek over the horizon as they reached his home. The blues contrasted with the pinks, and the oranges made Naruto look ethereal as they stopped. Sasuke couldn't breathe.

    "Well, my good sir, I have gotten you home safely. I do thank you for your company on this glorious morning." Still trying to be a gentleman and joking at the same time.

    Sasuke pulled his hand away, willing away the blush and hoping it looked like the crisp air had caused his cheeks to redden. Naruto got closer, and Sasuke's breath hitched. Assuming the taller man was going to kiss him. Yet he didn't. Naruto stepped into the doorway to alleviate the bite of the fall breeze.

    "Mind if I call from here? I am beat." Reaching into his pocket to grab his phone.

   Sasuke took a deep breath. He needed to relax. This was Naruto. He wouldn't try anything. But after all these years, he wished he would.

   "Thank you for walking me home, and Happy Birthday Naruto." He reached for the keys to enter the tall building and heard Naruto end his call.

    His back turned to Naruto, about to enter, when strong hands grabbed his waist. He was turned around quickly, thumbs on his hips, back against the cold steel of the building. 

    "Sasuke..." was the last thing he heard before soft, warm lips pressed against his.

     His brain would melt down if this continued, but before he knew it, it was over. "Sleep well, Sasuke, and thank you again for the fantastic breakfast."

     With that, his ride appeared, which meant Itachi was having them followed, and Naruto was gone. He entered the building and walked to the elevator to his apartment.

I want to thank everyone who has read, and I have a few stories in the works in my dome that are A/B/O, A soulmate story, and just a fic. Let me know what yall would want. Thank you again