Chapter 2- Bestest Bester Best Friend

Silence Kennedy

You know those mornings where you're just so sleepy to get up that you tend to ignore everyone who tries to wake you up? Yes, this was one of those mornings.

"Little Sis! It's 7am! You need to get up lazy ass!" Olivia shouts from downstairs. Ignoring her shout, I remained tucked in my bed as I endure the last seconds of sleep and comfort, blocking the sunshine seeping through the window.

"SILENCE MACKENZIE KENNEDY I WILL PERSONALLY AND GLADLY PULL YOU OUT OF YOUR BED IF YOU DON'T GET OUT WITHIN FIVE MINUTES!" and there again she shouts. This was my cue to really get out of bed and get myself prepped up.

"CHEESES! I'M UP WOMAN, CALM YOURSELF." I said as I sit up from my comfy bed. Rubbing my eyes, I search for my glasses beside me, resting on my bedside table. As I slip that on, I got out of my bed at the same time. Feeling the fluffiness of my bunny slippers, I put those on and went to my curtains. I could see the the sunlight seeping. Reaching for the ribbons, I tie the curtains up to give some light to my dark room.

As I pass by my full length mirror, I saw what my reflection looked like. You know what Princess Ana looked like when she woke up from her slumber? Yes, I'm currently in that horrible state. I need to shower! I head to my bathroom and did the usual prepping up, of course, while listening to Fall Out Boy's album American Beauty/American Psycho. I just can't help it, I love the album.

After some minutes, I reach for my towel and wrapped it around my body. Stepping out of my bathroom, I got out to retrieve my hair dryer. After blow drying my hair, I decided to leave it like so. Wavy and plain. I went out of my bathroom and headed for my closet. It was still damaged and nearly wrecked. Memories of the incident flashed through my mind and I can feel my self shiver from the though of it.

You can do this Silence, deep breaths.

Taking deep breaths, I manged to calm myself down and went in to my closet. I saw the dress Olivia wanted me to wear and I instantly grabbed it. It was a mint green dress with a brown belt as a design. I slip the dress on and went to my dresser for makeup. Since it looks like a beautiful day, I feel like wearing something minimal than my ordinary look. I then decided to just have my eyeliner on and a bit of powder to reduce oiliness. Taking one last glance at myself, i slipped on my brown boots, grabbed my phone and headed downstairs.

As I walk down the stairs, I saw my sister finishing the dining table with the utensils. Plated neatly on the center was a platter of bacon and eggs. My favorite just to add a fun fact about me. I went to my seat and my sister sat opposite me. She smiles at me then said our grace afterwards.

I finished my plate before my sister does, so I grabbed my plate and headed for the sink. After washing my hands, I placed my plate and fork in the dishwasher. I grabbed a glass from the cupboard and went straight to the fridge to fill myself a glass of cold chocolate milk. Nope, I am not a coffee person. I despise the bitter taste that leaves my tongue every after sip.

After finishing my glass quickly, I popped it in the dishwasher too. I went to the living room and turned on the television. I settled for the channel that plays Chivalry is Dead. I grabbed my phone and logged in to twitter checking my feed and notifications. Today is our last day here.

From my peripheral vision, I could see Olivia taking a sit beside me.

"What are we going to do now? We still got hours before we head to the airport." I ask.

"We're going to meet mom and dad at the airport this evening since the flight is at 9:45pm so we'll be meeting some relatives first before we head there. Got your suitcases ready?"