Part - 18

-Siddharth's pov-

It was around 8:20pm when I could hear the fading chatters of the guests from the hallway. I got dressed in a black hoodie with the cap on and a mask of course. Soon through the pitch white door, I could hear the dangling sound of unlocking it and if I could get her look printed on my forehead I would have paid all the money that I make to get it.

She came out in a black body fit formal black dress that covers her thighs, her brown locks falling to the mid of her belly, tiny golden earrings and the necklace that I gifted her.

She looked heavenly. I don't know if friends are to describe each other in this way but I just couldn't take my eyes off her.

"What?" She asked after clearly noticing me checking her out with no shame. "You look different." I said. "Elaborate, it would feel like I won an accolade if you'd do so." "You look ugly, very ugly." I said in an obvious fake tone. "Not more than you," she said with annoyance taking over her face.

"Haha look the person who called me pretty at the airport today is calling me ugly." I went ahead teasing her. "From the record of the past, you've called me pretty more than ten times ", she said with a sarcastic proud smile.

"Alright you won! You're twenty minutes late, mind showing up at your own event?" "Why not let's go."

"Don't bother removing your mask here and getting the cap off, even if you want to scratch your head, don't get the cap down, if you want to eat anything, fill the plate, go inside and eat and shit whatever you want. Just don't get caught!"

"I KNOW DADA YOU'RE SAYING THIS FOR THE THIRD TIME NOW! I GET THE POINT!!", If he won't shut up this time I might end up doing the first murder of my life. "I just want to be cautious you ungrateful brat!"

"Gotcha! If you don't mind, can I go to Avneet now?" "Go die, whatever the fuck you want just don't kill the guy talking to her." "How do you know I'm going there for that." "I have known you your whole life boy! Now go get your girl." He said

My girl, my ass. Sometimes I even doubt if she sees me as a brother. I can't complain though, even I'm confused about my feelings, if she's a friend or something more to me, guess I'll figure that out with time.

"Avneet I can't believe you did it, Avneet the competent." A guy told Avneet with his hand on her bare shoulder, uncomfort visible on her face. His hands made his way to her elbow and stayed there.

"Last time I wanted to tell you something but couldn't make up the courage," he said. Omg please don't confess your love I'm confused right now that doesn't mean I won't consider anything more.

"Hey Avneet!" I interrupted, eyeing that person with a glare. "Hello Mr. anonymous, what's with the mask and the covers?" He said with his sharp annoying voice. "That was rude Marco " Avneet said being awkward with the comment.

Marco! I quickly recalled him, the fucking potential bachelor for whom Avneet hung the video call with me. "I was just joking around, you know my awesome sense of humor," he said, his voice becoming sharp and annoying with each word.

"Yeah I do, ok So Marco this is Wilson a good friend of mine and Wilson this is Marco, we used to work together."

Wilson, I get that her family has a thing for 80s names now! "Hey Marco, nice to meet you," I said. "Me too". I kept standing there. I know he's waiting for me to leave but I didn't.

I loved it, The Marco guy kept looking at me giving me 'get the fuck outta here' look and Avneet giving both of us 'what the hell' look. The tension was increasing. That's when Avneet stated, "Excuse me guys, I have some formalities to finish so if you don't mind--?". "Yeah why not, Go ahead", Marco said with his gunny smile and the fuck he rolled his eyes at me after Avneet turned to the opposite direction. I just gave him a top to bottom look and left. What an asshole!

I was standing at the corner filling up my plate when I saw Marco getting a drink for Avneet and Avneet passing him a shy smile which he returned with his wide smile. I didn't realise that I was actually glaring at him until he made eye contact with me and got awkward.

And once again there he was again clinging with Avneet. God! Everything he does makes me feel annoyed and angry. I couldn't take it anymore and once again went there, interrupting their dearly conversation.

"Hey, Avneet I'm bored" I said, having a deep eye contact with the Marco guy. She placed a hand on my shoulder. If a small action can kill, I would have died that very moment.

"Sorry Wilson to keep you hung, let's walk around," she said, making a gesture to Marco for leaving, he nodded, it felt like she was asking for permission from him, okay I get it, it's a formal courtesy when you walk out of the conversation!

"SIDDHARTH, STUPD SIDDHARTH! What the fuck was that?" "What? I said with a pout. "I know that you've recognised him from the video call that day, you're making it very obvious that you don't like him."

"Oh is he the guy you left me for?" I said acting innocent. "Your beautiful ass cannot lie so shut the fuck up," a fake smile to pretend that she isn't yelling at me plastered her face.

"Why do you know me so much!" I whined. "Because you're my bitch, she patted my back," God if she keeps touching me like this it would be a problem. "Fuck you!" I said knowing the response, "I'll be honored," she said with a chuckle.

-Time skip 11pm-

"Time to leave you guys! Would be great if you stop clinging around now," said bhai, completely done with our proximity."

"What time is it? Avneet asked. "11 my love," Abhishek bhai said. "Hold on", Avneet said and went inside running, she came up with a paper bag that smelled like her cookies which I loved. "Siddharth hold them, eat them wisely, and most importantly share them with everyone, okay?"

"Point taken Miss Avneet." Dada said.

-Siddharth's pov ends-

"Siddharth, mind if I hug her?" He asked, teasing him. "Why would I mind, she's your friend too". Siddharth said blush was visible on his cheeks. Soon after that Abhishek gave a safe hug to Avneet and Siddharth stood there.

-Siddharth's pov-

While Abhishek bhai and Avneet were talking I was lost in thoughts, thoughts about how good it felt being here with Avneet today and that I'll have to leave now and go back to texting. It felt so much better this way and I have no idea when we would meet next time.

After Avneet was out of his embrace, I raised my arms for Avneet and took her in my embrace. We hugged each other for a solid minute. I didn't want to let her go but soon we parted. The sorrow which was on my face was visible on her face as well. It felt good that it's not just me who's going to miss this, she does too.

"I'm going to miss you so much", I broke the silence, "Not more than me", she said with a sad chuckle. "Okay gotta go", Abhishek dada interrupted.

I hugged her one last time, it felt like even she was dying to get in my embrace again this time it was a tight hug. And we bid our goodbyes.

-On the plane-

"You're sad right?" "Certainly," I said. "She's actually a really good person, I enjoyed her company." "Tell me about it." "So you're going to be the miserable person until you marry her off and live together?" "I guess."

I didn't realise I said that, but it's too late now. "So you're accepting you like her more than a friend right?" "I don't know, I guess, I don't know what she feels. She shows no signs of liking me." I hissed. "You're such a fool! Didn't you feel the goodbye hug? Even I felt emotional making the two of you part. And most of the girls don't make the first move and in this case there's no chance, you're a fucking famous idol, why would she?"

"So what do I do now?" I asked, feeling relieved that he knows. "For now carry on with your texting and you'll find a way on your own when the right time comes. And you'll know when it will be. It's your story and I'm no one to write it, it's you who's going to bring an amazing plot!"

"You're right, I will indeed bring an amazing plot." "That's my brother, finally you accepted it, I and the others can tease you now, we've been dying for it," he said. I can't believe they've been waiting to tease me, what a lovely family!

Do vote and comment.