Part - 22 (Epilogue)

It was 2:57 am, Mula river. It was freezing there, the cold breeze giving the night a perfect touch of decor. Though it was really cold, it was pleasant, the view from the bridge had perfect sequences from the building adding glitter to the black. The way was clear, no signs of any human interaction.

-Avneet's pov-

I walked down to the entrance of the river, and to be very honest, if I took my hands out of my pocket, they might actually turn rock hard. My nose took on a deep tint of pink and for today I let my hair down. I didn't even wear a cap or something to cover my head as I wanted to experience the wind which I couldn't take last time.

After a 3 min walk, I reached the middle of the bridge, I could see the back of a man, his head covered in binne, and had an oversized black coat on. I paced my steps towards  him, being really excited to see what Siddharth had sent for me.

-Avneet's pov ends-

"Hey, did Siddharth send you here by any chance?" Avneet asked politely. The man turned around, leaving her stunned. "Siddharth!! Wait are you really, omg what are you doing here, how? Was it all plan!?

Siddharth cut her off with a tight hug which really did calm her down. His embrace was the perfect place to get comfort regardless if he was the only one who got her flustered.

"I missed you so much Avneet." He said still in the same position. "I missed you even more stupid," Avneet murmured. They stayed like that for a minute, absorbing the affection that was squeezed out in the flow of time.

After parting they looked at each other eyes showing nothing but Longingness, and pure love. The tension was rising, Avneet's cheeks got a red tint flushing with heat in the cold weather. But something was more to come.

"Stay still." Siddharth commanded while talking out a small speaker from his pocket. "What is this dummy?" asked Avneet, confused. Soon after turning the switch on, soft guitar tunes could be heard and then the fading lyrics. The song was 'Thinking out loud' by Ed Sheeran.

He placed the speaker on the road and asked for Avneet's hand. She hesitantly gave it to him, not knowing what was the next move. "What are we doing?" She whispered asked. "We are dancing together." He whispered in her ear, even more softer. She didn't stop him.

He placed his tall fingers at her small back and held one of her hands. Their chests almost touching each other. Soon the nervousness between both eased. They started dancing slowly, getting swayed in the music, forgetting everyone, everything. 

The feeling for Avneet was a new one and the best part was that she was loving it. She didn't step back and let things escalate.

"I couldn't make it to rain, but here we are at the Pune bridge, and now we are dancing", Siddharth said with his deep soft voice, his eyes never leaving the contact. Avneet on the other hand didn't know what was happening. "Um, what does that mean though?" She asked, still mesmerized with everything going on. 

Siddharth stopped with the dance and stood in front of her, his hands holding both of hers.
"Avneet, I want to break our friendship." He said with a serious face. "What! Why?" She asked, in utter shock. "I don't want you as a friend. He paused. 

"I want to go break the line, I want to call you my girlfriend. I fucking like you so much. You have no idea how much you mean to me. I never dared to think about you in that way, but now I don't see anybody but you. It's you. It's Avneet for me." He said in a breath. His face looked much calm after the confession, as if he had been holding sand in his hands which finally slid down.

Butterflies, no horses. Horses were jumping in Avneet's stomach. But something was still keeping her back. "I like you too Siddharth but what if we lose our amazing friendship?"

His face got more sincere and he said, "Who cares about the friendship Avneet? When there's something better waiting on the other side. Tell me if you could see me as a friend from now?" He asked her, his eyes hopeful. 

"We're not friends Siddharth." She smiled. He did too. They kept staring at each other. The new feeling was making them feel like they were on cloud nine.

He raised his arm for a hug. He took Avneet in his embrace. After parting Siddharth cupped her cheeks, asking for assurance. She did. Soon he got closer to her face and their lips met. Avneet kissed him back. The purest kiss to exist. After some seconds they broke the kiss and faced the railing taking the view.

Avneet placed her hand on top of the railing. Siddharth placed his hand above hers and held it. "So we're a couple now," Avneet laughed. "We are," He smiled. "Unexpected right". She commented. "Nope not at all, I was into you right after your inauguration." 

"Wish that was months ago, you didn't show any hint." She said. "Now you see? How much I struggled for my beloved girlfriend." He teased. She laughed "I'm worth it though". "Completely," he said sarcastically.

And like that a fan get to with her idol. They dated each other for years and then finally disclosed their relationship in front of the world. Some of Siddharth's fans were happy for him and some were hating Avneet. But they overcome all their problems together with the help of their friends, family and got married. 

They lived a happy and long life with bickerings and lots of love.

The End

Do vote and comment.