Chapter 2: Envy

CHAPTER 2: E N V Y
Finally, a new day. A new day to start off. Jace and Sophia got both ready and headed together to their school. As usual, Sophia, being the most popular in the school is being stared at.

She’s beautiful both inside and outside. Basically, she has everything a man wants, and everyone admired her.

However, there was a person who hated her, and she was unconscious of it. Their day went well and decided to go home together, did their chores and everything they needed to do and slept.

The next day, as usual, Sophia is planning to go to school together with Jace as she was also close with him despite the bickering that they always had. She got to Jace’s room to ask him to go with her but unfortunately, Jace doesn’t feel good, his head hurts, and that leaves her to go to school alone. When she arrived, there are people murmuring and looking at her disgustingly. She didn’t know why and decided to brush it off.  It was already 12 pm, lunchtime, and the stares didn’t stop.
She couldn’t take it anymore and decided to go home early. She was on the verge of crying when she arrived and decided to go immediately to Jace’s room to look for comfort as she was close to him especially since he’s gay, so they get along. When she opened the door, she was frozen by what she saw. Jace’s laptop is open, and his back is facing her. It was him. It was him who spreads fake news about her being pregnant and hooking up with different guys. She realized and loudly said, “So that’s what it is. It was you. Why would you do this to me? No.. How could you?!” Jace was startled and immediately closes his laptop.

“What did you see? How long have you been there?!” Jace’s heart was beating so fast, he was frightened.

“And what, Jace? You’ll deny it? Stop with the nonsense, Jace! Why are you doing this to me?!” She shouted at him and cried.

Their fight got intense and Jace slipped and immediately covered his mouth.

“What..?” Sophia couldn’t believe what she heard.
“It just irritates me how everyone likes you! I’m also your sibling but no one even pays attention to me! No one compliments me! No one looks at me the same way people look at you! It’s stressing me out, and I hate how people adored you!” Jace finally let out what he really felt.

“I can’t believe this.. Just for popularity? You’re willing to do everything to bring me down?!” Sophia shouted at him, silently thanking Zach and Alexa for not being in the house.

“It all makes sense now.. Everything I eat whatever I want, you were always there to judge me and fight me because of food! Whenever I make myself look good, you were always there to lower my confidence! You don’t know how hard I tried to build my confidence, and you, out of all people, knew that and decided to bring me down! Just because of popularity?! Just because you wanted people’s attention to you?! You’re jealous of me, Jace. That no matter what I do, I still look good, people still love me for who I am. But you’re there to ruin it!” Sophia exclaimed while crying.

Jace was about to slap her, but Sophia caught his hand. She looked at him in the eyes and told him, “I hate you, Jace. I hate you!”
Jace looked at her with wide eyes, his heart was starting to hurt. He cried and cried and realized everything.