PROLOGUE

100 AC, Dragonstone, ancestral seat of House Targaryen

Queen Alysanne died in her sleep. The subjects of Dragonstone were the first to mourn her. Visenya didn't even shed a tear, as she had promised her grandmother previously.

Alysanne was a strong, kind and determined woman.  A woman who had ruled her husband and ruled the Seven Kingdoms through him.

Deep in her heart, Visenya hoped to do the same one day. Though, it was impossible, she was already married and she didn't like her uncle that much.

Although her cousins and uncle were present. Visenya remained close to her mother, Lady Jocelyn and her husband with their two children along with her sister's family.

She didn't have anything that bound her to her cousins or uncle anymore, they stole Rhaenys' right and then Dark sister. And while Visenya knows Baelon couldn't refuse the king, she still despised his choices.

They were surrounded by dragons.

Queen Alysanne almost seemed to be sleeping on the pyre.  The Good Queen had been dressed in the colors of their House. 

Red and black, the three-headed dragon filled her gown.  The second head is dead too, Visenya thought as she stared emotionlessly at the King.

Jaehaerys seemed to want to be somewhere else, his eyes were red and he was pale and old.  It had been inevitable.

«Don't cry Laena, the Queen has lived a long life full of joys» But also of pain, however Visenya doubted that Rhaenys would add this knowledge to her words of consolation for the child.

Queen Alysanne had only three children left alive: one was Prince Baelon, the second was Princess Saera who left the realm years ago and the third was Arch-maester Vaegon, whom no one in the family remembers that much or care about.

Jocelyn squeezed her shoulder.  The mother and daughter sharing a grim look.

The sound of the waves filled the air.  Her younger cousin, Daemon's lilac eyes stared intently at her.  Visenya couldn't interpret that look. I know him too little .  It was impossible to read a stranger, she hadn't seen him for a long time.

You're not really grieving the woman, Daemon, though Visenya darkly . Probably the only woman who could ever mourn the man was his own dead mother.  Princess Alyssa Targaryen, whom he never really could have truly known.

What a tragedy, indeed.

Vermithor stepped forward and so did Vhagar. The two dragons were magnificent, powerful and massive creatures. Everyone was waiting for the command of the King and Prince Baelon.

Visenya couldn't help but feel jealous of her uncle once again, 'his son uses my namesake sword, he rides my namesake dragon.' She thought bitterly.

Death does not drain everything, love remains .