Chapter 5, Revelation

Luck...

Luck was never on his side...

That is what he thought...

But all along, Jakub Kri...

Was nothing but a lucky, lucky bastard...

Jaune or Jakub was lying face up, coughing up blood, seeing the end of his line...

"Looks like Herald was right, your just a one-trick pony..."

Flashback, to a few hours earlier, Village of Ira.

"They have been harassing us for months, stealing whatever they want, taking our women, and killing whoever they want!" Stated the local Mayor.

"Calm down herald, just tell me where to find them." Stated Jaune sitting at a table at the local inn, drinking from a glass full of whiskey.

The now-named Herald took a long breath and started to explain.
"There is this old lumber camp they took over. It's up east towards the creek, it's about a few hours by four. It's a compound surrounded by natural walls, a mountain on the back side, and boulders forming a perimeter. There are 3 buildings if I remember right. A barrack, a workshop, and a warehouse. They most likely set up some kind of traps, so you will have to watch out for them as well. That's as much as I can tell you." He started.

Jaune downed his drink and stood up.
"That's more than enough." He said as he made his exit.

Herald grinned... Grinned darkly as he began chuckling.

Flashback end.

The intel was spot on...

Leading him into an ambush.

Only two men were part of said ambush, but they were the perfect counter for Jaune.

"Before I kill you let me introduce myself. I am Keneth Denin, the speed of sound, second in command of the Therazan Bandit Gang. You already met our boss, Herald Therezan. And this is my partner..." He pointed to the mountain of a man behind him. "Brick Palmer, Fullmetal, the third in command." He introduced.

Kenneth was a lean and tall man with long black hair and green eyes. His blue-themed outfit was considered combat boots, jeans, a tang top that leaned more towards grey than blue, and a trench coat.
His semblance matched his title and speed of sound. It allowed him to move faster than Jaune could aim at him. His weapon of choice was a pair of daggers and a revolver he didn't use at all for some odd reason.
'Probably using that thing for execution only.' Jaune thought.

His partner, Brick Palmer was tall and broad, build like the thing that eats bouncers for breakfast. He had tanned skin and a shaved head, and a short brown beard adorned his face and framed his orange eyes. His outfit was considered a white tank top, red cargo pants, with a dark red belt and combat boots. His semblance enchanted his durability greatly, shrugging off every one of Jaunes hits like it was nothing. His weapon of choice was a large hammer axe.

All in all, they were perfect...

Perfect for countering Jaune...

Everyone thinks that Jakub Kri was a monster that could not be beaten...

But in reality?...

He simply had one hell of a lucky streak!...

His semblance was powerful, but it had its fair share of weaknesses and limitations.

Shooting Gallery allowed him to move and shoot his gun as fast as possible, in the case of his 'Paycheck' revolver, it was really fast. And that was it, that's what his semblance does... Well, he can also use melee weapons with it but you know how skilled he is in that... Not like he is a good shot at all. The only reason he hit is that he engaged his targets at close ranges and that due to his semblance he could take them out faster than they could react. The fact that he had the drop on his targets most of the time was another luck point.