Memories 4 - Unlucky Miracle

Now is the time to tell the most favourite story of my life. It is very closest to my heart because it was like a dream that is why I name it "miracle". But the miracle was unwanted. I hope you all are fine, safe and secure in your house. Well, I am a little out of ideas about what I should share, guess I will be ending this book after two or three chapters. I have already shared much of my stories that I remember already. Without wasting any more time, let's start!

The story is of 2013. Earlier I didn't use to participate in any competitions of my school. The first time I brought a prize at my home was in 2nd class in Poem Competition. I don't know what thing I wrote at that time but still my school gave me the 1st prize. It was just a certificate though. I was expecting some kind of an award. Leaving that, I got shifted in Gurgaon when I was in my 3rd class. New school, everything new. The teachers were kind enough to take care of me. The guy who likes to wander around. They had a nice park too. So it was kinda lovely for me to wander in school. So, there was a rule in school. I can't say it as a rule but it was just a prize declaration. The person standing first position gets a chocolate coloured lunchbox, person standing second position would be getting a nice sports sipper while the third person received a pencil box. I became quite tempted after hearing about the second prize. I mostly like the sports sipper because they look cool. What more can be a reason to get that thing. Maybe I would show off it in my school. And hence, I decided that I will start taking part in every competition from the start of the session so that if by chance, I get through everyone then I can receive a sipper. I was literally down bad for that prize. I didn't care about anything. I just took part in all the competitions whether it was poem or story writing, handwriting or reading competition or a drawing competition. I took part in all of them. I didn't what I was perfect in, so that is the reason I had to take part in all competitions. Oh, by the way, the results of the competitions were announced at one time only. It was a fixed date and there were no sports competitions for us at that time. We just had simple competitions just like I gave examples above. To snatch away the second prize, I made a few errors so that I don't get first position by any chance. I knew that I will be hard for me to get through the winner list because the students in my class looked all rounders. But they were only professional in sports only. Not in the regular academic stuff. So, after continuously participating in many competitions. I was just waiting for the school to announce the results so that I get happy if I stood some position. Getting first in some competitions would be a cherry on top for me. But it was not my necessity. Main thing was that special sipper. I still don't know what special thing it had but I was just dying to get it. After few months, I got the news that the principal postponed the announcing date by one month or so. The winners were to announced by last week of  November but after postponing, it became somewhere in January. Middle of January actually. Now after these two months, I was just so keen to get the winner's names. But something happened to me during the announcing date and I had to take a leave from the school. Now comes the interesting point, since I was absent, I could still get my prize after coming the next day while the certificates would be given during the PTM. I went to the school next day. Few hours passed by and I started to think that I lost in every competition. Meanwhile, the teacher was taking something out of her class almirah. They were chocolate coloured lunch boxes, I thought they were to be given to some student in my class. Soon it came out as false because the teacher gave the lunch boxes to me. Now guess, how many lunch I have received. Two? Four? Six? Well you are wrong. I got first prize in all competitions!!! Like what the hell is happening? Did someone hacked the school? I had to get 20+ lunchboxes but due to less availability of lunch boxes, I got only 12 or something. Imagine someone getting first prize in every competition of the school. I was astonished myself. That day I got to carry all the 12 lunchboxes in my bag. You can't even imagine my mother's reaction. She couldn't believe and called the school whether the news was true or not. During the PTM, I got the remaining lunchboxes, though received five because my mum denied taking any more of them. I got so many certificates, it's still unbelievable for me. But after months, it didn't matter at all. The certificates got sold in the garbage and the lunchboxes were distributed to my neighbors and relatives haha. Just a typical mummy things. Anyways, I hope y'all liked the story as well. That is why I call it unlucky miracle. I wanted the sipper but in return I got a huge supply of lunchboxes. Well it's time to end the story! Hope y'all enjoyed this one. We will meet again soon, in next part, till then take care and stay safe!