Chapter 13 - Delusion

"Looks like the Abbey is onto us after all, we'd best assume they've already found the tunnel." Velvet's stone hard voice cut through the howling winds like a knife, storming past the group of sailors with the other two at her heels. Catching up to her side, the samurai scratched his chin with a contemplative look at the sudden turn for the worst.

"No point trying to buy a ship now," he mused with a tired expression as their plans kept falling apart. Sarid inwardly cursed to himself at his lack of foresight for such an event, but as the trio shuffled to catch a look at the guarded gates; Velvet's words ran cold when the half-malak caught wind of her intention.

"Then don't buy one, steal it," she stated without a single look in their direction. The idea came off as a direct order, one that Sarid had trouble following. He brushed off the icy flakes that settled on his jacket's firm olive shoulders, and voiced his concerns in a low and stern tone.

"Steal a ship from the city? We aren't thieves, the Abbey is our target here," he attempted to dissuade with a crook in his brow. The daemoness finally thought to glance at the one's she spoke so lowly to, and her gaze was harsh on the mysterious man.

"You aren't a thief, but I never said I was a loyal citizen." Velvet's golden stare seemed blighted and dark, the tightened fists settled at her side told the malak enough about his attempted arguement. "I told you this clearly, I will do whatever it takes to reach my goal. I'm not unwilling to go to severe lengths to get them." Sarid pushed his weight onto his back foot, the barrier between Velvet and the purity of the world growing ever thicker.

Rokurou's hand sank onto the malak's arm as he backed up, and soon the samurai cast his questioning sight over the ravenette who now lent against the rock with a repetitive tap of her bicep. The Yaksha attempted a more reasonable persuasion, as his words would be naught against the woman's fiery conviction. "Steal a ship from Hellewas? Just the three of us? You remember what happened last time," he reasoned with a slightly baffled look.
As he spoke, Velvet's firm expression lightened ever so slightly, as her heart washed with relief as the half-malak's irritating questions died down.

She was sick of her mind fumbling over words that should be left unsaid.

"We have at least one other on our side," she reminded without a hitch in her face as the boulder's deathly cold surface only soothed her stiff back and her tapping grew more incessant with every minute passed.

"Dyle?"

"He said he can navigate. If he joins forces with us, all the better," she explained with no hesitation in letting the daemonic lizard assist them in their venture.

Sarid's arms crossed with an annoyed look crawling up his features, "Great, more daemon's to add to our little band of murderers-"

"Sarid, shut up!"

Velvet's shout came out with a raspy snarl - her foot having stomped forward in the blanket of white - as it echoed around the chilling icecaps. Sarid, and even Rokurou, flinched at the sudden explosion of emotion. His mild insults forced her simmering anger over the edge, and she had to harshly pull the reigns on her daemonic nature to stop her claw from tearing out his throat. The woman creeped back away from the intimidating pouncing position her body forced itself into, snapping her mouth closed from the show of daggered pearly white teeth that were revealed in her yell, and gripped her bandaged arm tightly as it rumbled under its cloth cage. Her mind suddenly toiled in a storm of thoughts she believed weren't her own, and she whipped around the rock and stomped away and into the snowy wild.

The half-malak's heart sank with shame, and he shook his head at the samurai's confused gaze. "Get after her, I'll catch up." His light and cool voice had shrunken into a sorrowful groan, as his thoughts tumbled with indecision. Rokurou once again gifted a concerned but understanding nod, and dashed off to catch up with the seething daemon, not without a pat of assurance from the disgruntled malakhim.