Chapter Ten: I'm Not Just Going To Give Up

Levy's P.O.V

"Well I'm not just going to give up!" I shouted. Everyone had returned to the guild, crestfallen at the news they received. I was sure I could research something to help them, get them out, I was sure I could do something, anything!

"There's no way to get to them Shrimp." Gajeel's strong tone, and the truth he spoke made me shudder as he placed a hand on my shoulder.

"No! I'm not going to do nothing!" I exclaim, dashing to the library. There had to be something that could make a difference. Gajeel's footsteps followed behind me and I ran faster.

When I arrived at the library I found a place in the back and surrounded myself with piles of books, not just for research, but in hopes it would hide me from Gajeel, I was in no emotional state to talk and, without a doubt, would make a complete fool of myself.

"Shrimp?"

"How did you find me?" I asked, looking up, trying to hold the tears back.

"Pile of books, you keep sniffling, and," he tapped his nose. "Dragon scent."

I sighed, wiped my eyes and watched as he brought a chair to sit beside me, but didn't stop looking through the books.

"Just do what you need to do." He told me.

"No. No, nope, nothing, ugh!" I practically slammed the book down. All night, all night! That's how long I been searching. The librarian knew me well, as I came here quite often, so she let me stay past closing time. Although, it was quite difficult convincing her with the long haired, pierced man that snored beside me, he had fallen asleep when I was halfway through my second book. I must have fallen asleep too, because when I woke up the sun was shining. I snuggled back into what after I was up against, at an attempt to get that annoying sun out of my eyes.

"Gihi." That small chuckle made my eyes fly open once more. Then, I realized what I was curled up into.

"Gajeel!" I quickly reeled back, heat rising to my cheeks. "Sorry!" I squeaked timidly, then cleared my throats and quickly buried my nose in a book.

"That's upside down Shrimp." I flushed at my nickname.

"No it's-" I stole a glance at my book.

Shit.

"Uh..I guess it is." I flipped it around. "O-ok. It's good now."

We...well, myself mostly, ended up going through every single book related to anything about the incident. I groaned and slumped over onto the table.

With a sigh I stood up. "I guess we should head back to the guild now." Gajeel nodded, staring at me.

Did I have something on my face? Absentmindedly I reached up to see.

"Yea." I thanked the librarian and walked out, followed by Gajeel. My eyes and head hurt, I'm pretty sure I have at least three paper cuts on my fingers, and my legs are half asleep. I sighed once more, but continued walking.

Gajeel's P.O.V

That Shrimp has been working herself too hard. She practically collapsed on me when she fell asleep back in the library. Not that I'm complaining though...

It was nice to see her at peace, instead of worried crazy like she had been the past few days. I didn't know the last time she slept, it must have been a while considering what a deep sleep she was in. A smirk appeared on my face at the memory of how flustered she was when she woke up.

I watch her walk, well, practically run, swiftly ahead of me. I was still at a little slower than my walking pace. This whole ordeal has been really rough on the girl, almost like she felt a certain pressure to fix things. I could smell her tears from where I was and frowned. She shouldn't be crying. She doesn't deserve this pain, she did nothing to deserve it! She is the nicest, most forgiving person I know! She forgave me after what I had done to her and her friends, she even had the courage to talk to me after.

I sighed and shook my head, walking up behind her, and wrapping my arms around her.

She gasped and gently set a hand on mine. God, I had gotten a lot mushier. I cursed myself. What the hell was this shrimp doing to me?

"Thank you." She breathed, lowering her head. I just grunted, grinding my teeth and trying not to let the pink in my cheeks show. I felt her shoulders shake more and I turned her to face me, pulling her tight to my chest.

We stayed that way. In the middle of the road, her crying as I stroked her hair, doing my best to comfort her, I'm not really good at the whole making people feel better thing.

"Alright," I spoke, clearing my throat. "Let's get going."

"Yea. I guess that whole trip was pretty useless after all." She sighed. "We'll just have to trust them to make it back." I nodded. Levy was right.

As usual. I thought with a smirk.

A/N

Yea a little shorter but also a Gajevy/Gale chapter (I swear I'll never figure out which one it is😂) . I'm suffering from SEVERE writers block.

Ugh.

Anyway, you know the drill, no I don't own anything, but I would love a vote and a lil' comment. 😊 Feels good to be back.

-SailorOfTheNaluShip (Bella💖)