Saul "Canelo" Alvarez

Plot: Wife brings newborn daughter to Canelo's fight to surprise him.

"Are you excited?" I asked him, smiling at the ground like a lovestruck teenager.

"Si, I'm super excited. I know I can win this one. I'm going for a knockout," he replied. I felt happy hearing his excitement over the phone.

"You and your knockouts loco. Your punches are terrifying as it is," I laughed, shaking my head.

"Haha very funny mi amor. When you watch from the TV, I'm going to look at the camera and say 'te dijo' ok?" He said.

I scoffed, "Saul, if you do that, you're gonna get it."

"I'm just joking Gabrielle. Calmate linda. By the way, how is mi princesa Salara?" He asked.

Holding our young daughter who was born two months prior, I cradled her softly in my arms, "She's doing fine. She's sleeping but not for long, we have to go somewhere in 30 minutes," I quietly spoke.

"You're not going to see my fight?" He whimpered.

"Maybe, I have to go somewhere."

"It's starts in 30 minutes though. ¿Adonde vas?" He asked.

"I have to go Saul, bye. Good luck I love you so much. You better win for Salara and I. Vamos Canelo!" I cheered, quietly.

"Ok, ok. Bye Gabrielle, I love you too," he sighed. We dismissed each other and our phone call ended there.

Breathing deeply, I laid Salara on the bed and stood up. I slipped on my shoes. I walked into the bathroom and looked at myself, making sure that I looked presentable at the fight.

Yes, Saul's fight.

Before he left, I told him that I wouldn't be able to acompany him to the fight. I made up an excuse, saying that children under five months shouldn't be in such loud places. That was false and he somehow believed me. Now, I was going to take Salara to see Saul's fight for the first time.

It was like a little surprise.

I was staying at a hotel on Las Vegas, unbeknownst to him. I made sure that his team didn't tell them but they knew about my plans.

Ready to leave, I went back to the room. I found Salara wide awake, staring at the ceiling. I smiled and picked her up. I had already changed her diaper and I had extras in my purse.

We went outside and I hailed a cab. I told the cab where to go and we drove off.

"Where are you heading to?" The cab driver asked.

"To the MGM Grand," I replied.

"Oh, boxing fan aren't you? You're going there by yourself?"

"I'm going to see my husband," I said.

"You're gonna find him in the crowd?"

"Not really. More like the ring," I laughed lightly.

We continued our conversation there. He wanted to know more about how it was being the wife of a boxer.

After several minutes, we arrived, and I paid the man a good tip.

I held onto Salara tightly as I tried to fight through the crowded lobby. I handed my ticket to a man and he allowed me access inside.

I managed to find the actually place where the fight would take place. Most of the seats were already filled up. Luckily I actually was able to get a seat up in the front. They we're playing some other small fights before the actual big game. I cradled Salara in my arms. To my surprise, she wasn't crying or screaming, but she was actually at peace.

I called Saul again. Not to my surprise, the cinnamon boy answered the phone immediately, "Hola Gabrielle!"

"Hey my love, I just wanted to check up on you before the fight. Are you doing alright?"

He breathed slowly, "Yeah I'm just saying some prayers before the big fight. I'm asking God to keep me safe and keep my family safe."

I smiled to myself, "God will always protect you. I love you so much."

"You're not going to watch the game?" He asked with hope in his voice. I was about to answern but then the crowd that was already there, started cheering as one of the boxers started taking the lead.

"Um, no promises mi amor. The game starts any minute so you should get ready, make sure to stay strong and fight with all your heart good bye Saul!" I quickly said into the phone, lying and speaking rapidly all at the same time. I hung up the phone without waiting for his response. Hopefully he didn't suspect anything.

After a few minutes, the other fight ended and the new was about to begin. I waited for the two boxers to come out, one of them, was of course my husband.

I ignored everything that the people in the ring were saying, my brain was going elsewhere.

Finally they announced Saul.

Holding onto Salara, I stood up to see above everyone else's head. I could see Saul in his silk robe, with the colors green, red, and white. He was gladly representing the colors he was so proud of.

I screamed and cheered, jumping up and down with Salara who was clapping her hands unknowingly.

"Look mija, its papi, he's right there honey," I told my daughter.

After that, they also introduced the opponent.

Then the fight began.

In the first round, Saul was throwing more punches but he landed less than what he had thrown. He also had more aggression too.

In the fifth round, Saul's face was red as a tomato. He had a few good punches given to him but Saul was conquering the game, no doubt in my mind and in the scorecards.

In the ninth round, things kind of got bad for Saul. He was cornered against the ring and he was getting a load of jabs which didn't leave him much to do but cover his face. The opponent would surely get a good score for this.

"Saul! Saul! Get out of there! Get out of the corner Canelo, get out mi amor!" I screamed.

I didn't believe he would hear me but somehow he did. While he was getting hit, he sneaked a quick peek of me in the crowd. Our eyes met like the first time we saw each other. Then he looked at Salara who was whining, knowing that her father was getting hurt.

He regained his focus and went back to action. He fought his wah out of the corner and when he was pushing the other guy to the corner, he threw a quick hit to the side of the head and the guy was done for the fight.

Saul immediately celebrated and everyone came crashing into the ring. I was able to climb inside the ring and reach Saul.

He hugged me and kissed me, not wantin to let me or Salara go.

"Mentirosa," he mumbled. Liar he called me.

"I love you," I squeaked.

He hugged me tighter and kissed Salara.

When he was handed his belt, he wrapped it around Salara and we celebrated.

A/N: sorry if you're still waiting for your request, I'll try to upload one tomorrow. Btw I love canelo, he's amazing. It was fun to do this one.