Manny Pacquiao

Plot: Daughter of Freddie Roach comes and meets him after years of not seeing each other and meets Manny for the first time who doesn't seem so interested in her but then they get locked in the gym together.

Quietly breathing in and out, I made my way to the training gym. I wasn't going to the gym to exercise, I was going to my dad who I haven't seen in many years. He was a busy man and he always worked with a lot of people who needed him. We would talk sometimes, yes but we would always be busy. I had work and he had work.

It wasn't like back then when I was a little girl in his arms. He was always busy. Back then when he was a boxer himself, I wouldn't see him for even months alone. Now its been years.

He was back in California for a big fight, one of the biggest fights in his training career. It was Mayweather vs Pacquiao. He wasn't training Mayweather, he was training Pacquiao. His name was Freddie Roach.

I was happy when I received the call from him asking for me to visit.

The gym being so exclusive for my dad and the Filipino boxer, I had to carry several papers and a picture of my dad and I to get in.

Once I was in, from the distance I could see my dad.

Ignoring anyone's training practice, I screamed, "Daddy!"

He glanced over at me and smiled.

I ran across the gym, with my arms held out for him. He jumped out of the ring and walked to me. I literally tackled him and wrapped my arms around his neck, not wanting to let go. No way did I ever want to let go.

"Haylie, oh my goodness sweetie look how big you've gotten. You look beautiful," he said in awe.

Me being small and short, I was snuggled under his chin. I closed my eyes and sighed, "I missed you so much."

"You've gotten super big, last time I saw you, you were four feet!" He joked.

I pulled away from him and stuck my tongue out, "Haha very funny." My sarcastic tone made him laugh.

He quickly glanced back at the guy who I presumed was Pacquiao, "Take five Manny." He nodded.

We sat down by a couple of chairs by the side and chatted.

"How was the trip over here?" He asked.

I shrugged, "The plane ride wasn't too bad but I hadn't took the aisle seat because the window seat girl needed to piss all the time, ugh it was horrible having to move out of the way," I groaned.

"Hey Freddie, who is the girl?" One man asked, coming up to us.

My dad stood up and huffed and yelled to the gym, "Oh yeah I forgot to introduce everyone to Haylie! This is my daughter." He looked at the Pacquiao guy, "Manny come here."

He finished a punch on the punching bag and approached us rigidly.

"Manny this is Haylie, my daughter. Haylie, is the Manny Pacquiao, one of my best fighters," my dad introduced us to each other.

I extended my hand and smiled, "Hey Manny, it's a pleasure to meet you."

He eyes flickered between the both of us, "Nice to meet you," and he ignored my handshake, and left.

With a blank expression, I turned to my dad, "Um...what was that?"

"He's a little tense currently, he's not usually like that. He has a lot on his shoulders right now."

And for the time I was there, I was trying to catch the attention of Manny. I tried asking him questions and getting to know him but he just replied with a simple yes or no. It really got on my nerves and I seriously felt like punching him in the face. It got to the point where I actually starting disliking him. I kept on giving my dad hints about the situation but he kept on making an excuse.