Ch 5. The Truth

Clear's POV

I was scared. Scared that his thoughts for me would change once he knows my secret. Aoba-san isn't like that though, right? I've grown so close to him. Almost as if we have had past lives together. I wonder if he feels it too?
We finished eating and he led me home, the house was dark because Koujaku had yet to arrive. He sat me down on the couch and took the cushiony seat next to mine.
"Well, here we are. Alone."
I nodded. I guess now is a good time.
"A-Aoba-san.." I absentmindedly stuttered.
"Go on, Clear. It's all right."
"The reason I was in that hospital is because, I...I uh..hurt myself."
He looked at me questionably so l went further into detail. I felt tears urging their way up.
"I've always had a hard time accepting my body. My parents abandoned me as a child, grandfather took me in. I always asked him why they couldn't love me. What had I done? I was just a child?!"
The tears fell.
"I got no answers. Grandfather tried his best to give me a good childhood full of love. But even he eventually...had to leave. I fell subject to self-harm. I masked myself from the cruel world."
I sighed and started to unbutton my shirt.
"C-Clear...you.."
The crisp white button-up slipped from my shoulders. I was now exposed. Every scar of emotional pain that jittered across my chest and arms were now out in the open. I was disgusted with myself. How could anyone love me.
Aoba said no words, I was starting to worry when he yanked me towards him. He clutched to me like I was a fragile porcelain doll on the verge of dissipating into dust. He brought my left arm to his soft lips, carefully caressing each mark of imperfection. He continued this across my chest and where ever a scar might reside.
"Aoba-san.."
"Shhh."
He came face-to-face with me. Such deep emotion was held in his captivating eyes. I leaned forward and returned the favor, capturing his tempting lips with my own.
It wasn't rough or heated, just sweet and gentle. Filled with such innocence it felt as though we could've been each-other's first kiss. I'm not quite sure how much time passed, but after we parted it had felt like a lifetime between us had been restored. He grabbed my hand and led me to his bedroom, sitting me on the bed. He walked behind me and laid down, pulling my lean body down with him.
"Please, promise me this, you won't ever hurt yourself again."
"I promise Aoba-san. Just...please don't ever leave me.."
I snuggled into his warm chest.
"That is something that would never cross my mind. I'm here for you, remember? Now, let's sleep."
"Goodnight, Aoba-san."
He pecked my forehead.
"Goodnight, Clear."

'Thank you, for everything..master.'