Chapter 3

It has been around two weeks since I got the about my engagement. Dad told me yesterday that Lant and his three favorite children will visit in a few days, he doesn't know the exact day. But I have better things to think about, like my friends coming over for a tea party.

"Good day ladies, princess Eira is waiting for you in the rose garden." A guard greets them. Suddenly I flinch at hearing a group of people coming my way laughing. "Eira it's lovely to see you." Lady Penelope says as she pulls me into a gentle hug, the other ladies following after her. All giving me a hug each. "Thank you for accepting the invitations." I say as we all sit down in our chairs. Having Keira Parvis at my right, Kayena Hills at my left, Penelope Eckart on the opposite side of the table from me. Rudbeckia van Omerta couldn't make it.

After chatting for a while Kayena speaks up. "As we all know, Keira is engaged to a magician named Erez, Penelooe is courting crown prince Kallisto, and I am soon getting married to future duke Raphael Kedrey. I mean Rudbeckia is already on her fifth marriage, hopefully last as well. And we all want to know if you have a special someone?" All the girls already at me, I sigh in defeat. "I am in an arranged marriage with Dion Agriche. And him, his father and two for hus siblings will visit within this week." They  stare at me, or. Their eyes were directed to something behind me

"So this is the 'famous' fiancé my father keeps nagging me about." I turn around and make eye contact with a male who has, dark blue hair, piercing crimson eyes. He looks me up and down. "What an eye sore, and they say the 'beauty of Obelia'? What a joke." The man who I presume is Dion half-laughs out
Oh, I'll show an eye sore when I shove my foot up, you're a**.

"Well judging by your choice of words, you aren't quite pleased with your future 'wife.' But still, it is a 'pleasure' to finally meet you Dion~." I say his name in a flirtatious/teasing manner. He stars at me clearly not used at having a lady talk that way towards him before. The tip of Dion's ears turns slighly pink, then he storms of. I turn my head back to the girls.

"You did not just have an attitude towards Dion Agriche. He is a serial killer för God sake, if you get killed by him it is your own fault you know." Keira spoke calmly yet worried about me. "I agree with Keira, the last thing we want is for you to die again." Penelope said, Kahuna just nodded. And yes they know about everything, just like I know theirs.
"Calm down, I know what I am doing. Now let us continue the tea party, shall we?"

The girls have left, and I am on my way back to the emerald palace. When I walk in, I meet my father, Dion and three other people who I do not know. "So, this is the first star of Obelia. Princess Eira?" A woman speaks, she looks like a goddess sent from above. Her hair is the color of gold, long and wavy, she has the same piercing crimson eyes as Dion. The red and gold colors od her dress compliment her skin perfectly. "Indeed, I am Eira, may I ask who you are and what all of you are doing in my palace?" I spat at her, the three on known people stand in shock at how I speak.

Then it hit. That's Lant, Jeremy and Roxana Agriche, my future in laws. Dino walks closer to me, Claude staring at him intently.
"Well, seems like I get the feisty spouse. Right Eira?" He throws his arm over my shoulder while speaking, I nod in agreement. "Did the cat cath your tongue." He leans into my ear and whisper. "Or do you want me to catch it instead, 'love'." His word sent a shiver down my spine and warmth rush to my cheeks. Who I assumed is Lant said. "How about we leave these two to get to know each other?"  They all leave except for the two teenagers(?) "It was rude of me not to answer your question earlier. My name is Roxana Agriche, this is mine and Dion's younger brother Jeremy Agriche." "Hey!" Jeremy said after his sister finished speaking. Then they too left, now me and Dion where all alone in the emerald palace. And judging by his words I am certainly in to a 'ride'.