𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 39

Maëva

I had met people whom I used to call friends back during those college days but none of them ever stayed and they never felt like my own.

But this woman standing in front of me, felt like the friend I've always been looking for since forever. She seemed loving and caring, no wonder why Caleb fell for her.

As much as I enjoyed annoying him, I always hoped he'd find the girl who would bring warmth and comfort to his numb heart. In fact, all of these men in this house needed someone. Someone to help them heal in their own way.

We were all lost souls, trying to form a family from scratch but with unhealed wounds, there was no promise that any of us would ever not experience a bleeding soul again.

But now that Kiara was here, I decided to not giving up on my hopes. She saved a man like Caleb and I believed soon the others would be saved too. I would not be alone to handle them anymore.

"This is Caleb's room?" Kiara softly asked, her eyes wandering around, a faint smile playing on her face.

"It is. But I could give you another room if you don't want to stay with him. He can be pretty annoying sometimes."

She laughed, turning to face me.

"No, it's fine. I like this room and I love his annoying side don't worry."

"This is why he loves you."

She gave me a confused look and I smiled, already imagining their wedding.

"You love him for his flaws more than his perfection. And he loves you back unconditionally. Pure love and pure understanding."

A crimson red shade flashed on her cheeks as she smiled at me.

"And you love this family no matter how flawed it is."

She was right for that.

As a Mikhailov woman, growing among the Mikhailov men who knew nothing about emotions, I learnt to love each one of them with their flaws, no matter how much I enjoyed getting on their nerves, specially Jared's.

"Maëva, let this poor girl rest. She just escaped chaos and came here. You can talk later. Kiara, you aren't planning to run away right?" Mama Laura said, entering the room.

We both laughed and Kiara turned to the bed then back to us.

"The idea of falling asleep really does sound tempting so rest assured, I don't plan to run away at all. But I do enjoy Maëva's company."

"Yeah but if I don't take her away now, you will never be able to rest." Mama Laura laughed, intertwining her arm in mine.

"But mom she said-"

"No, Maëva. You can talk to her later. Let this poor child have some time for herself. She's still trying to learn everything here."

Now that made sense. Mama Laura was right.

According to what I've heard, Kiara wasn't treated the way she should have been her whole life. Now that she was finally free and happy, she had to have some time for herself to accept those new changes and heal from all her bleeding wounds. And I hoped she would heal soon.

Mama Laura pulled away from me and gave Kiara her heartwarming motherly hug and kissed her forehead.

"Just so you know, you'll always be safe here my child."

Tears filled Kiara's eyes but she quickly wiped them off.

I didn't know what she went through her whole life but I prayed she would be able to find the love and affection she deserved here. And as for me, I knew for sure I would try to be the friend she needed.