Chapter 5: Blooming Feelings

He ran out of the school, through the pouring rain which began to feel like bullets piercing his skin after a while, and up the stairs to his dorm. He probably should've taken the elevator but his only thought right now was to get his clothes as dry as possible. He hated the feeling of wet clothes sticking to his skin, it just felt... bad. And so, he figured running up the stairs instead of standing still in a cold elevator might be the better option. Sure he might be completely out of breath afterwards, but it was worth it. Kinda.

Zelda, meanwhile, had received his earlier message that he was on his way, and had prepared everything necessary for him to relax once he got home. A nice, warm bath infused with essential oils, warm clothes laid out for him to change into, and a nice, warm cup of tea awaiting him.

The door suddenly slammed open after a set of beeps and there Robin was. Still completely drenched, despite all that running. He was panting heavily, still holding the door open as he said, "Help."

"Follow the towel path to a great world, where a warm bath awaits," Zelda smiled.

"Thank you," he sighed, taking off his shoes and backpack then rushing his way to the bathroom using the towel path. As soon as he shut the door behind him, he took off his clothes and slowly slid himself into the bath, letting out a sigh of relief once he was fully submerged. How relaxing. The sweet lavender scent of the room combined with the warm water was really the perfect place to relax. He could almost fall asleep, even. That is, until the self-confidence train decided to take a ride around his train.

He got out of the tub and dried himself, wrapping the towel around his hips. Then, he stared himself down in the mirror, frowning, while holding on to the sink with both hands. He wasn't ugly. Just painfully average. Well, white hair wasn't average, but in a world where things like dragons exist, he was average. He couldn't make up for the lack of looks with his body either. He was tall, sure, but there was no muscle. His arms were atoned, but that was from certain... activities, and from doing all the heavy work around his houses since his father was... well, it wasn't important. Maybe he should go to the gym. Nah, too much work.

"Robin, come out soon or the tea will get cold!" Zelda said from the other side of the door.

"I'll be out soon!" Robin said. He sighed and decided the pity party could be resumed later. Right now, he wanted to enjoy a nice cup of tea then clock out for the day.

There was a knock at the front door, to which Zelda attended. She opened it and found none other than Claude, looking rather panicked. He grabbed both of her shoulders, muttering, "Help."

Zelda raised a brow. "What did you do?"

"How rude of you to assume I was the one that did something. What if I was being tracked down by a serial killer and needed a place to hide?" Claude said jokingly.

"And is that the case?"

"No, obviously. I just have a horrible roommate," he groaned.