Chapter 4

August

Wakin' up the next mornin' was slow fa' me. I'm definitely not a morning typ'a person and I definitely ain't feel like dealing with them teachers today. Once I got ta' school, I immediately found my boys and we just chilled til it was time fa' us ta' go in.

"Aye Aug, there go ya little girlfriend" Sean spoke, I looked up to see lah mama and her friends. She had on a white tee and a pair of light blue denim shorts that looked right on her.

"Man forget y'all man, that ain't my girl"

"Yet" Teddy fake coughed

"I ain't even worried about that girl"

"Then why you just wave at her?"

"Man shut up" I said as we all shared a laugh

"Why don't you just admit that you like shawty?"

"Cause I don't. Besides y'all heard shawty, I don't know her and she damn sho' don't know me. Plus she got way too much attitude fa' me"

"Nigga you're the reason behind her attitude"

"Why don't you just take your time and get to know her, you might grow to like her"

"Look man, I ain't looking to be in no relationship right na and I-"

"Why do it sound like this man bout to come up with a whole bunch of excuses" Teddy told Sean like I wasn't even sittin' hea.

"I'm not coming up with nothing, I just know that I ain't tryna be in no relationship right na'"

"Aight well what if something does happen between y'all two, then what you gon do?"

"Ion know man, something gotta happen. Na' stop with the questions" I said and watched as they looked at each other for a brief moment then dropped it. Ion know what that was about, but I just let it go.

The bell rang signaling that school had begun and I was ready to get this day over and done with. We headed upstairs to our floor and walked around before actually headin' ta' class. When we walked around for the last time, I noticed shawty and her friends standing next to the dance room talking with the teacher. She must've felt me staring at her because she turned around and looked directly at me. She turned back around as quickly as she seen me, but I noticed the blush that appeared on her face. I smirked ta' myself and continued ta' walk.

Once I got ta' class I checked my phone and waited fa' my teacher ta' finally come. After almost 20 minutes or so, he still didnt show. I decided ta' listen ta' music thinkin' that it would make time go by faster. I was into to my phone when I felt a breeze pass me. I turned and noticed shawty finally in class. She had her head down so she didn't notice me looking at her.

"If you want to speak you can, you don't have turn burn a whole in my head" she said with her head still down. I turned back around and made myself busy once again.