17 - the beach

。・::・゚★,。・::・゚☆ - ☆。・::・゚★,。・::・゚☆
  𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘕𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘩𝘰𝘰𝘥 - 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘉𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘩
。・::・゚★,。・::・゚☆ - ☆。・::・゚★,。・::・゚☆

。・::・゚★,。・::・゚☆ - ☆。・::・゚★,。・::・゚☆  𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘕𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘩𝘰𝘰𝘥 - 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘉𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘩 。・::・゚★,。・::・゚☆ - ☆。・::・゚★,。・::・゚☆

The next day dawned far too quickly and the castle's residents and guests had to get up. The night had been far too short for all the events. Hardly anyone had been able to rest or get much sleep in the last hours.

Aruna was the first to wake in her chambers. Not wanting to wake Nia, she quietly got ready by herself. She tied her long hair into a simple bun.

For her journey, she had chosen clothes that had hardly any colour. Deep down she had known the seriousness of Laena's situation. The dress she wore today was a colourless grey with black embroidery.

"Mother?" the little person in bed sleepily straightened up and looked around for her mother.

"I am here, my darling." Aruna got up from the dressing table and sat on the edge of the bed. "How are you?" she asked, looking at the injured wrist. The maester had bandaged it yesterday with wires and bandages.

"It burns and hurts." Confessed the little girl.

"We'll go to the Maester right now." Decided Lady Stark and stood up again. "Come on. We'll get you ready quickly."

Aruna helped her daughter to wash and get ready. Of course, the bow in Edith's hair was not to be missed. Together they went to see the Maester of Driftmark, who immediately gave Edith something for the pain and looked at the wound again.

She was embarrassed, but Aruna could not look at the wound for long without feeling sick. Nevertheless, she stayed by her daughter's side.

By the time they arrived back at her chamber, Nia and Cassian were also awake and already dressed. "Good morning, my lady. Were you able to sleep well?" her maid asked Nia as she did every morning. "Only very little. Yesterday was an eventful day." Aruna greeted her son with a kiss on the forehead as she answered Nia.

"That is more than understandable. Shall I bring breakfast here?" Nia made Aruna's bed and put away yesterday's clothes.

"No, thank you. We will keep the Velaryon family company." Replied Aruna. Cassian was still visibly tired and resisted Aruna's attempt to put a coat on him a little, but her mothering skills managed to get him to put the coat on. "Where is the family having breakfast?"

"I heard from the other maids that they want to eat outside today. Where the celebration in honour of Lady Laena was held yesterday, on the highest platform." Nia informed the small Stark family.

Aruna thanked her and also put on a coat herself, as Edith also put on a coat. Together the three then went outside to the platform. Except for Rhaenys and her husband Corlys, as well as their two granddaughters, there was no one at the much too large table.