25 - one last plan

。・::・゚★,。・::・゚☆ - ☆。・::・゚★,。・::・゚☆
𝘒𝘭𝘦𝘳𝘨𝘺 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘝𝘢𝘭𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘦 𝘉𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘴𝘢𝘳𝘥 - 𝘚𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘢 𝘞𝘢𝘳
。・::・゚★,。・::・゚☆ - ☆。・::・゚★,。・::・゚☆

。・::・゚★,。・::・゚☆ - ☆。・::・゚★,。・::・゚☆𝘒𝘭𝘦𝘳𝘨𝘺 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘝𝘢𝘭𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘦 𝘉𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘴𝘢𝘳𝘥 - 𝘚𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘢 𝘞𝘢𝘳。・::・゚★,。・::・゚☆ - ☆。・::・゚★,。・::・゚☆

Neither of them left the chambers again that evening, except to check on the children. Aruna felt bad leaving her children like that, but the events and the long journey had weakened the pregnant woman a lot and she had slight pains in her stomach. When she had to throw up, Daemon forced her to stay in bed for the rest of the day.

Everything was so much for the woman at the moment. There was too much to deal with and yet everyone was suffering right now. Everyone had a burden to carry or was fighting something. Aruna kept trying to admit this to herself so that she wouldn't sink into self-pity.

Around noon the next day, the council was called to the throne room.

Aruna's condition had improved a little, but the woman was still quite pale. She had to do some convincing to be allowed to attend the council.

With a dissatisfied expression on his face, Daemon looked at his wife when they finally stood in the throne room. His wife, on the other hand, had to stifle a grin at her victory.

On the right side of the room stood Rhaenyra and her children, and Daemon and Aruna and their children. The blacks.

On the left side stood the Queen and her children. Behind them you could clearly see Ser Criston and Aruna's brother Ser Adrik. The greens.

Instantly Aruna felt sick again.

Directly in front of the Iron Throne stood Otto Hightower. Father of the Queen and Hand of the King. Throughout the hall the people present whispered, but when the man began to speak in a loud voice everyone became silent. "Though it is the great hope of this court that Lord Corly Velaryon survive his wounds, we gather here with the grim task of dealing with the succession of Driftmark." Otto announced.

Daemon and Aruna had already heard about it this morning. Especially Aruna was relieved that the lord was well. She had always liked him somehow and he had always treated her well.

Moreover, not only Daemon and Rhaena were happy to see Baela again, as she had also travelled to the court with her grandmother Rhaenys. Edith was also happy to see her sister and to get to know her even better. Immediately the three girls had reconnected as they had back in Driftmark and had walked the corridors together.

"As Hand, I speak with the Kings voice on this and all other matter." Spoke the Hand of the King on while Aruna was still in thought of this morning. She loved her children and she loved Daemon's daughters as if they were her own. She would never let anything happen to anyone and she would fight for that today.

But when Otto Hightower sat down on the Iron Throne, the woman was back in the moment and held her breath in shock. For her it was unthinkable that he sat there, and she didn't care that he was the hand.