21 - like a corpse

。・::・゚★,。・::・゚☆ - ☆。・::・゚★,。・::・゚☆
𝘚𝘶𝘧𝘫𝘢𝘯 𝘚𝘵𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘴 - 𝘍𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘵𝘩 𝘰𝘧 𝘑𝘶𝘭𝘺
。・::・゚★,。・::・゚☆ - ☆。・::・゚★,。・::・゚☆

。・::・゚★,。・::・゚☆ - ☆。・::・゚★,。・::・゚☆𝘚𝘶𝘧𝘫𝘢𝘯 𝘚𝘵𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘴 - 𝘍𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘵𝘩 𝘰𝘧 𝘑𝘶𝘭𝘺。・::・゚★,。・::・゚☆ - ☆。・::・゚★,。・::・゚☆

Aruna had lain awake the rest of the night as she couldn't get the image of her dead husband out of her mind. She had detached herself and her children from the man with two faces. Now she just had to find a way to leave Winterfell.

First a frightened scream and then a pitiful cry resounded through the castle and woke its residents.

The two ladies immediately sat up, startled. Apparently Aruna had fallen asleep for a short time after all.

She immediately pulled her cloak over her nightgown and Edith also got up. "No. You stay here. I will go and see what is the reason for this noise." Aruna said firmly to her daughter and her voice brooked no objections.

The room door opened and Nia stepped into the room. The two women exchanged a knowing look and again Aruna felt sick. Someone had found Brandon.

"Stay with Edith, please." She asked her maid and stepped out of her chambers. She could still hear Edith protesting, but she knew what she was about to see and she didn't want to do that to her daughter.

In the corridors ran exhausted servants and people. Among them, Aruna could spot her sister-in-law Ronja, who did not seem to see her. She quickly followed the young woman and realised where she had left her.

All of a sudden, Aruna was standing in front of Brandon's door again. Just like a few hours ago, she wondered if she should really go in and dare.

But also like before, she knew she couldn't avoid it and opened the door.

There were more people in the room than ever before. All the important people seemed to be present like the Starks and the Maester.

"Aruna don't!" Meyra immediately approached her daughter-in-law when she spotted her and stood protectively in front of her. Wide-eyed, she eyed the elder Stark and tried to look past her, but there were people standing in front of the bed everywhere. "What's going on?"

The Lady of Winterfell's eyes were red and teary and at Aruna's question she began to cry again. Compassionately, Aruna took the older woman in her arms. Meyra had just lost her son and all because of the woman she was holding in her arms.

Instantly, the dark-haired woman felt guilty. She quickly detached herself from the embrace, because she simply could not bear it. With quick steps she went to the bed and pushed past the mourning people.

Then she saw him. Brandon's sight would always remain in her memory and follow her in her nightmares. Now in the light she only saw how pitiful everything looked. Brandon lay sprawled on his bed with his eyes wide open. The white sheets and blankets were stained red by his blood. The woman immediately felt sick again at the sight.