Chapter 1: Cracks on the wall

A chill in the night and the sky is not as quiet, people can hear a slow rumbling of thunder echoing in the distance followed by the blue lightning outlining the sky as if it is trying to claw its way through. Like something is trying to get through.

CRACKS!

Blue lightning is getting closer and closer to National city every time it merges. By the edge of the town, a car drives by as the lightning crossed the sky above it and opened up, spitting out a body down to the hood of the vehicle, shocking the driver as he quickly braced himself and hit on the brake.

"What the actual ..." He looked around frantically, disliking the fact that he was the only car on the lonely road. Tentatively looking back, still no headlights coming his way, he sighed, as he slowly came out of the car. He should've listened to his sister and just stay in star city and drive home in the morning. He can hear her annoyed. ' I told you iso, Brian'.

This might be an alien dropped from the sky. He prays to the deity above to let it be a harmless alien if it is an alien.

"Hey, are you hurt?" He cringed at his question, the person ... it? The ... Someone lies on the pavement face down, unmoving , they probably hurt in some way.

"I mean, are you conscious?" Carefully moving closer, he shamefully moves his foot to gently nudge the calf of the potential alien. No response.

He squatted and flipped the body into its back. "You're just a girl." He said slowly realizing that this is human -she appears to be one at least, still unsure- he guessed she was in her twenties, about five feet tall. She looked harmless.

He checks her pulse, which is there and he sighed in relief and quickly calls for emergency service.

(- - Sha - -)

On the other part of the city, particularly in Kara Danvers's apartment, blissfully unaware of the incident hosting a game night. With only Lena, Nia, Brainy, and Alex in attendance. It's been a slow night so far.

'BOOM' was another crackle in the sky with one particularly loud boom raising the hair on Lena Luthor's neck as she shivered. Kara sees it and reaches for the blanket draped on the couch and wrapped it around Lena's shoulders. "Thanks, darling." She smiled softly and get an equally sweet smile in return.

Alex looks at the exchange without commenting, it's not a secret that the two have slowly begun to start showing more affection toward each other since Kara came out to the world for being the Kryptonian caped hero. Three months ago . The blonde has since become more at ease, less burdened with Lena beside her through it all.

They'd make a cute couple. Alex thought while shuffling the card, they're playing poker now after the former agent called it quit for the Pictionary game because clearly, they don't have more players to play with and it's getting dull with Kara and Lena winning it, as usual.

Brainy and Lena own the poker game, well, mostly Lena. Sentinel specifically said to the literal computer-walking alien not to count the cards.

"I have eighty point three fifty percent calculation that my cards are better than yours," Brainy said matter of fact. "Thus, I will raise the stake."

"Hey, no counting the cards," Alex warned.

"I did not count the card, I base my calculation on the cards that I have and what's already on the table."

"That's still counting Brainy." Kara chimed in.

"It's alright darling, sometimes his calculations can miss," Lena smirked, eyes twinkling as she take the chips and threw them into the center of the table.