Chapter 6

One day, Mike woke up with Pete watching him.

"Dude, Pete, what the fuck?"

"Sorry, I couldn't sleep and I was bored."

"No, I get it, it get's pretty boring here. Especially when you're trapped in one place."

"Yeah, when I'm out with my friends, we go to Spencer's Gifts and Smoke at the Village Inn."

"Pete, are you, okay? Like, seriously, are you okay?"

Pete looked away. This was the most complicated question that he's heard from someone else other than his therapist. Mike got up off the futon, wanting to understand him more. Pete kept crouching near the futon, he was too scared to try and get any closer to Mike.

"Pete, you can tell me anything, I'm here for you."

"After all this time, I think, maybe... I love you."

Mike blushed when he heard this. He suspected for a while, but it to actually happen. It was crazy to him.

"I love you too Pete."

Pete stood up and hugged Mike. Pete started to stand on his toes to get up to Mike's level. Mike already knew what Pete was trying to do. Mike kissed Pete and they stayed like that for a few seconds.

When Pete pulled away, his lips were bleeding. Mike had bit into his lip.

"Dude, did you just bite my lip?"

"What? Holy shit, I did. I didn't mean to, I swear."

"If you're gonna drink my blood then do it on my neck."

"What, no, dude."

Pete exposed his neck.

"Plus."

Pete said under his breath.

"I like it that way anyways."

Mike put his arms around Pete's waist and he fell back onto the futon. Now Pete was sitting on his lap.

"Are you sure?"

Pete didn't say anything, so Mike bit in. Pete made a quiet squeak. Then he started to go limp. Then Mike bit in again, and Pete jerked awake.

"If you wanna keep me awake, then actually try."

Mike bit in farther, and farther. Then it went dark. Then the words.

Tomorrow is another day.