Necklace(10)

Oct 7 

Perl

I waited. And waited. The attic always locked off from everyone in the house as my mother have a constant fear one of the  servants or cleaners will steal from us. Whatever.

Besides that two days ago I stole her spare key and made myself a copy and waited till today when the family will be on a business related situation  and since I'm the youngest member, my service not needed. Not like they would want me there anyways.

I heard the limousine crank up and dashed to my bed room window to look out of it.  Not too long after the transport left,following the curved in way and out  the gold gates. Hm didn't even say bye.

I turned from the window and out my room with my designated location in mind. The attic.

Niko

" how you think ejay will react.. yk,now that we a thing?" Liza asked and I looked at her " i-ion know. I been trying to not think about it." We was both silent for a while just sitting in the field of flowers. This quickly became our favorite spot.  " is jay really in a gang?"

I asked her after a while and she looked at me. "It's complicated. Jay's real dad is well it's nothing." She smiled and I didn't push it. Is jay wanted me to know. I would know.

Perl
I held my breath. The dust from the attic clogged my nose. The smell was ragged and the environment was humid. It was stuffy and hot in there but it was all the prized things held dear in the family within these walls. Really mushy walls. A cleaning would not hurt mother,geez you and your paranoia.

I ignored all the shiny jewels and ancient things that served no value or purpose to me. I pushed past amethyst (her older sister)  stuff as the box read her name in bright red letters it was a picture sticking out that caught my attention.

This box held everything amethyst and in a way me had grown out of. Our child hood.Adonis box was somewhere around here too,I'm sure. I blowed on the picture frame and smiled when I saw a missing tooth amethyst grinning holding me and adonis blowed out my candles to my first birthday,much to my mother's dismay as she wayed her pocket book at him and my dad smiled at the camera as my grubby hands reached out towards it. A toothless grin.

I put the picture back in the box and walked around some more till I saw a box with my name on it in purple letters. My favorite color.  I bent down and instantly started looking inside. Baby pictures, dolls. My old diary. Some of my drawing and paintings making me smile and I pulled out the bear last.

The bright yellow  bear I lover so dearly and I reached into it pouch out of instance and was surprised when my hand felt something cold like metal. And a crunch sound I quickly pulled my hand out and peeked inside to see a necklace.

But.. I looked at the picture of my grandma holding me and amethyst and my eyes focused on the necklaces around her neck. Her pure gold yin and yang square necklace.

I always thought it was so weird. Yin and yang but the black part was gold and the white see through. And if wasn't in circle form but a square. Grandma had told us her mother gave it to her and she cherished it so much.. we never knew what happened to it.

But.. how it end up in here?? I held it in my hand and grabbed the piece of paper. And I unfolded it and began to read " to my lovely perl. My very special girl. I know my life was long lived. Making it to 97,why thats a blessing. But I feel it in this old sack bones! I don't believe god wants me to stay any longer now. I believe he wants me to come home.

When the time comes I hope the family won't miss me too much. I want you to be happy and the family. I know you never check this pouch and may even grow out of teddy when you older so you may not find this letter anytime soon. But I want you to have my necklace. My mother passed it on and while I could give it to my only child I feel it next owner should be you.

I hope bun bun continues to bring you joy even when you long forget him and he act as a symbolic meaning. And so my dear gem, I bid you farewell and know granny will always love and adore yo-*hiccup* I couldn't hold it in anymore as the tears slipped from my eyes wetting the paper.

I choked up and held the paper,necklace and bun bun in my arms the bitter moment was short lived as my phone started ringing and I wiped my eyes and saw it was ejay I answered and before I could speak he croaked out" peel i'm on your doorstep..please hurry"