𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐰𝐞 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐟𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐨𝐫

Whatever Alfred Pennyworth was expecting, it certainly wasn't this.

"Come again?" The butler asked.

"I'm Professor Charles Xavier, and I've come to see Miss Andromeda Wayne," said the man in front of him.

He was in wheelchair, although it didn't look like anything Alfred had seen. He looked prematurely bald, and spoke with an accent.

"Miss Andi is currently at school, although if you wish, I can summon her father for you," the butler said.

"I suppose that will do," Xavier said.

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰*.:。✧*.。:。*.。✱ ───

"And who are you?" Bruce Wayne asked.

"Charles Xavier, I run a school for mutants."

Bruce looked confused.

"I-I'm sorry, I don't know what you mean by 'mutant,'" he said.

"Mr. Wayne, your daughter has been gifted with extraordinary powers. Powers that stem from a genetic mutation. She may not have shown them to you yet, but I assure you, they are there," Xavier said.

And to the Professor's surprise, Bruce sighed.

"I thought she was a metahuman, not a mutant," he said.

"That mistake can be made, although there is one difference," Xavier explained.

"And what is that?"

"Mutants tend to be more powerful than metahumans."

Bruce looked deep in thought.

"Are you a mutant?" He asked.

"Yes, I am."

"What are your powers, then?"

"I am a telepath, which means I can read and control the minds of others, as well as communicate with them."

The white prince of gotham raised an eyebrow.

"How do I know that you're not a charlatan? And why are you here, anyway?"

"I can assure you, Mr. Wayne, I am not a charlatan. I'm here to offer your daughter a place at my school. A place where she can learn to gain control of and harness her powers."

Bruce merely sighed.

"So let me get this straight," he said. "You came here to offer my daughter a place at your school. A school for mutants."

"Yes, that is correct."

"And you're offering her guidance to learn how to control her powers?"

"And use them for good," Xavier said.

"Why can't I just have one of the JLA members teach her?" Bruce asked.

"Because none of the Justice League members are mutants," Charles said. "There is a difference, and you must realize that. At the school, she will be with children like her, who are going through the same learning process. If you have a League member teach your daughter, they will not be able to help her simply because she isn't like them. Mutant powers work differently than metahuman ones, Mr. Wayne. And I don't think you'll be able to simply hire a League member to teach your daughter."

"You'd be surprised, professor," Bruce said wryly.

But as Bruce processed this information, Alfred opened the door.

"Master Bruce, your children are home from school. Shall I send Miss Andi up?" The butler asked.

"Yes, please, thank you, Alfred."