Chapter 6: The Mission

"You called, Sis?" I answered the phone as I walked down to the KFP.

"I know, you're gonna say I'm making a risky move calling in the morning, but this message is urgent," my sister told me.

"You could've sent a text message, Sis. God damn it!" I exclaimed. "Look, just tell me what you need to tell me."

"Okay... " my sister paused. I walked a bit slower as I anticipated what my sister was gonna say next. Nothing came out from the other end of the call yet. "Hello?"

No response yet from my sister.

"Hello!? Sis!?" I kept shouting into the phone.

"Hakizura's in Takano-" my sister said before the call completely ended.

"Hello!? HELLO!?" I shouted one last time before pocketing my phone.

####

"Morning, Tenchou~" I greeted Kiara as I walked through the doors.

"Kikeriki! Good morning, Kyou~" Kiara greeted me back.

I got changed into my uniform and went directly to the counter, where Kiara was.

I leaned on the counter and stared at the empty dining room. Kiara was cheerfully humming a tune. It's like she expects someone to come.

I begin to invest myself in my own thoughts now as there is nothing I can do in this restaurant.

My sister's final words before the call got cut off. I never expected to hear that name again. Hakizura in Takano. It's the last place I'd expect to meet a scumbag.

The last thing I want is for that jackass to know where I am.

"Kyou..." Kiara called onto me.

I perked my head up to see Calli was seated in front of us.

"Sup!" Calli greeted.

"O-oh, hi..." I responded.

"You spaced out there, Kyou. Is something wrong?" Kiara asked.

"N-no no, I was just thinking about some stuff," I answered.

####

Nothing interesting happened in the KFP. Calli was there, but she was having a conversation with Kiara that only they could understand.

"Yo Kyou! Looks like you're spacing out again," Calli called out.

"O-oh uhh sorry. It's just you and Tenchou were having a conversation that you two understand," I responded. "So I couldn't relate to what you guys were talking about."

"Oh, no worries, it's cool," Calli waved her hand dismissively. "Anyways, have you ever been to the underworld, Kyou?"

"I've had my fair share of an underworld, from TV of course," I answered.

"Ahh. Anyway, if you like to visit the underworld, here's a card that can send you to the underworld," Calli hands me a black card with a skull in the center. "Just tap the skull three times and throw it anywhere. It'll create a portal that'll take you directly to the underworld. You're familiar with portals right?"

"Y-yeah, I guess," I replied.

"I'm gonna head out now. Catch ya in the underworld, Kyou~" Calli waved goodbye before a mysterious black mist consumed her. After the mist passed, Calli had disappeared from her seat.

Kiara leaned on the counter grinned widely at me.

I noticed Kiara staring at me and blushed a little bit.