4: Baby

FOURBABYBangtan University Cafeteria

FOUR
BABY
Bangtan University Cafeteria

SEOKJIN

    The school cafeteria had everything.

    From the snack bars all lined up on the sides and sold different varieties of snacks and dishes, they also had every food cuisine catered in their buffet area. For my dinner, I settled for Italian: a generous serving of beef lasagna loaded with three kinds of cheese and a plate of seafood risotto sprinkled with saffron, while Hoseok ordered cheese steaks and a can of lime soda for himself. I put my food tray down on the vacant table and sat down in one of the chairs as Hoseok did the same.

    I was just sitting for like one minute when I heard the loud shrieks and annoying squeals of most of the students around us  --- the homey ambiance of the place seemed to shift.

    "Oh, shit," Hoseok swore aloud as I finally followed his point of view. I tried to act like I didn't notice anything when his eyes and mine met for a second. "He never comes to the cafeteria. What is he doing here?"

    A bunch of good-looking men had entered the cafeteria, sauntering through the place like runway models in expensive clothes and accessories. It was no wonder why most of the students around here were overacting because of their mere presence.

    Ha, as if those jerks care about you, you bunch of idiots.

    I turned my attention back to Hoseok and my dinner. I quirked an eyebrow when I caught him still staring at them. I teased him as I threw a tissue at his face. "Yuck, Hoseok. You're drooling. Here."

    Hoseok snapped out of it and pouted, throwing the tissue back at me. "No, I did not. You're lying."

    I just chuckled and cut my lasagna to bite-size pieces when somebody approached our table. "Kim Seokjin?"

    I looked up and saw a buff guy with a full-sleeved tattoo on his right hand and lip piercings standing on the side, looking at me expectantly. "Who are you?"