20. It's all over?

'Can I really escape this pain if I take off the shield?'

Cale kept thinking as he slowly looked between the shield and his Master.

He thought of the words of the voice and the behavior Mike had towards him.

Hitting, drugging, cutting, fucking, screaming, scolding, treating like an object, has never once seen him behave kindly or say a simple word of love to him.

The only words closest to love seemed to be when he was being fucked.

'You make me feel great or I love your hole'. A tool.

Cale's eyes blinked slightly at the children beyond the shield.

Just looking at them he had a great desire to run to them and hug them tightly, comforting them and making them smile.

But can he really make them smile?

Can he really run to them and hug them tightly?

Those children ... his children?

He tried to move his numb legs but no movement happened, it was as if he didn't even have his lower limbs.

He looked up and saw Mike keep hitting him and yelling scornful words.

'I want to run away...'

He looked at the children again and saw them scream at the Clown with anger and hatred, there was sadness and despair in their eyes.

Cale relaxed his bloody body and closed his eyes, barely feeling the things around him and his vision seemed to limit.

He felt cold and his breathing slowed. He immediately thought he was going to die.

He thought that he would free himself through death and that that would be his only end.

Running out of energy, both mental and physical, he nullified his ancient power.

The shield snapped off and the silver light that illuminated the area disappeared, leaving only the light of the setting sun.

His ears weren't working well for the blood dripping from them but he was sure Mike was cursing more than anything else.

Unconsciously a small smile formed on his lips and he relaxed on the ground, ignoring the war that was happening around him.

Good job.

That strange voice made itself heard, very low and seemed a little relieved.

Cale's eyes did not open and he thought about the words previously spoken by the voice.

'Someone is here to save me ... death?'

Hearing his thought, the voice let out a laugh and spoke in impatience. 

No, it's too early to die ~ Your husband is here to save you ~

'H-Husband?'

Cale's eyes opened in shock and he was suddenly greeted by an intense gaze.

Two hazel brown eyes hidden behind a white mask, red hair, very similar to his.

The man kneeling in front of him showed a cold smile but he didn't scare Cale, in fact he felt reassured.

The man reached out and took the bloody figure on the ground in his arms and stood up.

"Now we will be together, no one will be able to harm you."

The man said in a stoic voice but that looked like he was trying to sound kind.

Cale looked at him wearily and rested his head on his firm chest, inhaling the scent that seemed familiar.