CHAPTER 9 ' Uitwaaien

⠀CW : there's an argument at the end of the chapter. If that bothers you, please feel free to skip.

⠀⠀A few days went past of us just staying there doing basically nothing but eating and watching the stars. Scaramouche would leave once in a while to do something. Scaramouche never said what he was doing or where he was going... I just respected what he told me.
⠀⠀⠀In my free time I would go on walks, take a bath when I needed one in the nearby waterfall, made food and just watched the scenery.
⠀⠀⠀We were pretty isolated from anyone so the day did go by pretty fast.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀This gave me time to think about some things. For example, was Aether doing well? Did he feel my absence? Did he try looking for me? What's going on in the regions at this time?
⠀⠀⠀All questions without answer for now.

⠀⠀⠀It was like that almost every single day.
⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀"Good morning." I heard Scaramouche say in a raspy voice. "I made you food."
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀I opened my eyes to see him standing above me with a smile on his face. He seemed to be better than yesterday, maybe he also got the chance to rest.

⠀⠀⠀Scaramouche handed me a bowl of rice soaked in tea. It smelled so good. I've never seen a dish like this before, this might be his specialty. He sat down beside me and gave me a sweet look. I took my first bite and I felt as if there was an explosion of flavour in my mouth. The way the mildly bitter tea complemented the sweet taste of the rice was just perfect.
⠀⠀⠀I wolfed it down instantly. It was SOOO good.

⠀⠀⠀"Easy there. You might choke if you eat so fast!" Scaramouche laughed.

⠀⠀⠀"IT'S SO GOOD SCARAMOUCHE!!" I licked bowl clean. "This is the first time I eat anything like this, it's delicious! I didn't know you were such a good cook!"

⠀⠀⠀Scaramouche looked to the side, he seemed a bit flustered from what I said.

⠀⠀⠀"I shall make you more then. Some other time."

⠀⠀⠀We spent the morning playing with plants. I taught him how to braid so we both started braiding vines and grass. Once Scaramouche let me get close enough to him I braided some grass and a flower into his hair, he then did the same to me.

⠀⠀⠀For the first time we laughed, giggled and actually felt well around each other.

⠀⠀⠀"Scaramouche?"

⠀⠀⠀"Yes, Y/N?" He replied.

⠀⠀⠀"Let's do something... Nice."

⠀⠀⠀"Whatever do you mean by something ni-"

⠀⠀⠀I didn't let Scaramouche finish his sentence. I grabbed him by the hand and lead the way deeper into the Aranara cave.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Though the little creatures were a bit scared at first, they warmed up to us pretty quickly. I didn't tell him, but the reason they were all so scared was probably because of Scaramouche's intimidating aura. Once they saw he's not as bad they let us hang around.
⠀⠀⠀Scaramouche had a look of disgust on his face but gradually he seemed to soften up. We went around, talking to the Aranaras, helping with anything if they needed it.

⠀⠀⠀Today was all about relaxation. I kept braiding flowers, playing with vines, making tiny huts out of twigs and leaves and so on. It might seem childish but something about it make me feel like I was at home.
⠀⠀⠀Scaramouche, on the other hand, was reading a book next to me. He didn't say anything in a while

⠀⠀⠀"Hey Scaramouche? What are you reading?"

⠀⠀⠀"Something I found in the forest. It was in a bag abandoned by someone under a leaf umbrella."