CHAPTER 19 ' The Festival

A.N. Longest chapter yet. Enjoy!

⠀⠀⠀"Scara?"

⠀⠀⠀"What?"

⠀⠀⠀"I'd like to thank you."

⠀⠀⠀"Thank me?"

⠀⠀⠀"I've travelled through 4 regions so far and I've asked the Archons questions before but they never wanted to answer. Or when they did they didn't fully answer me. Obviously I understand it's not their job to answer each of my questions but still... Thank you for answering and giving me the information."

⠀⠀⠀"Yeah. Why would I keep these thing hidden anyway? Regardless, the Archons are nothing but a bunch of scums. If you have knowledge why would you not share it? Why wouldn't you use it to your own advantage?"

⠀⠀⠀"You're right..."

⠀⠀⠀"This whole world is filled with lies and dirty tricks anyway."

⠀⠀⠀"Scara, I want you to know that you can talk to me about things."

⠀⠀⠀"What is that supposed to mean."

⠀⠀⠀"Anything. You can just talk to me about anything."

⠀⠀⠀Scaramouche mumbled something to himself in reply.

⠀⠀⠀"What did you say?" I asked.

⠀⠀⠀"I said thanks." He scoffed

⠀⠀⠀Scaramouche was hard to talk to but he clearly still had part of his softer side. I think he might just be too scared to show his vulnerability around others so he doesn't end up hurt again. And I get that.

⠀⠀⠀We decided to walk all the way so we can spend more time together. Well, Scaramouche decided to walk, I for one wanted to teleport straight away.
⠀⠀⠀I was wondering if I should reach out to Yoimiya or Ayaka so we could go together at the festival but I was a bit scared of their reactions to seeing The Balladeer right beside me. Would they run away? Would they accept it? Would they try to fight him just like everyone else?
⠀⠀⠀To avoid all of these complications, talking to them in private might have worked... But with Scaramouche that's out of the question.
⠀⠀⠀Maybe I should ask him to stay like 2 or 3 feet away from them at the beginning until I do the talking.
⠀⠀⠀But that would be rude wouldn't it?

⠀⠀⠀"Hey, Scaramouche?"

⠀⠀⠀"What?"

⠀⠀⠀"I'm going to talk to a friend of mine for some help with uh...something. You don't mind right?"

⠀⠀⠀" Something? What something?"

⠀⠀⠀"It's a surprise."

⠀⠀⠀"I don't like surprises. I don't have great memories with surprises."

⠀⠀⠀"This time it will be nice. I promise you. Here-"

⠀⠀⠀I gave him my pinkie finger, waiting for him to seal the promise but instead he just looked at me confused.

⠀⠀⠀"What am I supposed to do with this? Chop it off?"

⠀⠀⠀"NO! You could bite it, sure- Just kidding! It's a pinkie promise - You seal a promise by shaking pinkie fingers. Give me yours." I grabbed his finger with mine and the promise was, just like that, sealed.

⠀⠀⠀"That doesn't count. You did it without my permission. I didn't say I agree to this."

⠀⠀⠀"Come on. Trust me on this one!"

⠀⠀⠀"Hm." Scara looked to the side. "Okay."

⠀⠀⠀I realised this meant a lot to him so I couldn't let him down. No way.