CHAPTER V: MIRACLE BACKWARDS

On June 13, at nineteen hours, I went to the chapel of St. Anthony to bless the bread, taking heart in a peculiar request to the famed matchmaker. Maybe he could perform a miracle! I have heard that St. Anthony performs only the requests of women.

The most exciting moment of the Mass was a procession around the square. The faithful prayed and sang, thrilled, paying or making any promises.

He had made a vow, resting my soul and body into absolute silence inside. I asked Santo Antônio much health, peace, happiness, and obviously a girlfriend. There were times in my life imagined that getting your heart tied by some spell, nothing seemed to go right. Mere pretext. An alibi to justify my failures. Fear: pure fluid into the abyss of cowardice.

The Procession

Inside the chapel found some classmates: Mariana, Alessandra and Bruna. Also spotted Fernanda and Fabricio. They studied in the class of Isabela.

During the procession pushed the pace and reached Fabricio. We had that exchange of ideas:

__ See, Leo. Bruna is beautiful.

__ Let the girls in my class alone - I said, overcome by jealousy.

Fabricio smiled and replied:

__ And you, Leo, who did not take his eyes of Fernanda?

__ You won, Fabricio. Let's do an exchange - suggested jokingly eye in miniskirt Fernanda.

__ Deal, brother.

Fabricio not only shook my hand, but also crushed like a vacuum press. Almost threw a huge scream of pain in full procession. Glad I could control my impulses, locking the mouth.

Bruna was attractive surroundings with that costume. See? Until rhymed. All in rhymed Bruna: lipstick hilarious joke with that radiant, even his long brown hair, rhymed with her bracelets of various sizes. Whenever could see on the street or at school for some time, the Isabela forgot.

Bruna was pure and sublime poetry.

Fabricio said he liked Bruna. He told me that it was crooked in Henry, who liked another girl. Surely, someone also liked me. Love is an exploiter of other people's feelings and urge us to complex situations, awkward, difficult to be solved. Things in life. Looked very much like that poem of Dummond: Gang.

Fernanda and Alessandra looked like chewing gum: a non unglued another. Even watching the procession, they did not lose the habit of whispering and laughing softly, noticing the people walking around. See if procession is held to be speaking ill of others.

In a manner quite different from her friends, Bruna, accompanied by his mother, holding a rosary in her right hand, and with their lips, praying, expressing his faith to matchmaker.

Fabricio, indiscreet, crossed the line while trying to catch the attention of Bruna:

__ Psst!

Bruna pretended not to listen to "shush" of Fabricio and has not looked back. However, an elderly lady, who took a picture at the hands of St. Anthony, nudged the boy from behind and warned bitterly:

__ Good Guy, do not forget you're in a procession. Have more respect for the saint.

__ What? - Fabricio asked scornfully.

The old woman threatened to say something to him. He even opened his mouth. But eventually silencing, gathering in prayer. It may not be worth giving advice to a kid as naughty as Fabricio.

He was so focused, waiting for a positive outcome of their "shush" you just do not understand the reason for the old lady scolded me and asked:

__ Léo, which wanted the old me?