CHAPTER IX: COLORS THAT MOVE

No big news in September, came the routine. I studied in the morning and worked in the afternoon Broker Mallar. At school, went very well. Let it be clear: well in all subjects, but unlucky in love.  

Poetry was the milestone of my life. When least expected, came a new source of inspiration, a new reason to create more and compose a new poem. A sigh that relieved the pain of reality, which eternize moments of joy, which registered as symbols of the essence and soul of magnanimity.

Birthday gift

On the last Thursday of September, after hours in Broker Mallar, showed up at my aunt Beatriz to bring birthday present, a week late, that my mother had bought for my cousin's birthday, Leandro.

I followed through the streets of Brodowski, leading the pack in the Escavática. My cousin lived in the same neighborhood Bruna. I took the opposite route and went to the front of her house. Unfortunately neither seen on the porch or on the street.

At the next corner, turned right, then left. I went up on the sidewalk, dodging a garbage can and a pile of sand. I jumped a small ramp formed by the slope of the sidewalk and braked abruptly braking at the gate of the residence of my cousin.

I pressed the bell, which was half hidden among the vines scattered all along the wall. First appeared Toquinho, a puppy mutt, gentle and peaceful. He came wagging its tail and was scratching at the gate.

My cousin came soon after, with a brush stuck in the folds of the ear and greeted me:

__ How are you, cousin?

__ Thank God, vai going well.

Among __ - invited me Leandro, opening the gate grid.

Toquinho scampered down the street. Stood in the first post that found the front. He sniffed around and lifted his hind legs, basting the post.

I remembered one of countless jokes and riddles that Gordo always told: "what the post said to the dog?" Easy. That's older than my great-grandmother. He said the pole for the dog: no use water that does not grow more.

However, it was funny my cousin, using that brush behind the left ear. Leandro was much older than me. Studying Fine Arts in the city of Franca, the shoes capital.

Since he was a mischievous child artist. Last year, in full bloom of youth, with its 20 years, Leandro won first place in a national contest sponsored by MASP in São Paulo, competing with a work influenced by Surrealism, difficult to describe, due to the complexity of its features, colors and shapes.

I supported the Escavática on the garage wall and entered through the door of the room. Leandro cordially requested:

__ Sit on the couch, Leo. I go to the kitchen to get something for us to drink.

__ No need to worry, Leandro. I'm in a hurry, I just came to deliver ...

__ What rush? Sit on the couch, cousin. Be right back.

The solution was to sit and rave about the works fixed on the wall over the whole length of the room. I do not just contented look. I left the package on the couch and went groping those magnificent paintings. A festival of shapes, tones and hues. I was flabbergasted, astonished, delighted. The last time I had visited - and that was a long time - I remembered having seen only one picture on the wall, which was no longer before the other.

__ With this picture, last week, I won second place in the National Exhibition of Contemporary Art, organized by the Fine Arts Museum in Rio de Janeiro - expressed Leandro, appearing in the room abruptly, holding in his hands a tray with a pitcher , two glasses and a pack of crackers.