CHAPTER XI: MASS COCK

December 24, Christmas Eve, the night was a great celebration. The families were preparing supper, joined by the Christmas spirit. Television networks prepared special programs, inspired by divinity and spirituality of Christmas. The world, for a moment, forget hunger, forget the poverty, forget the wars and hatred and celebrated at dawn passage of the birth of baby Jesus. The cribs, all adorned, were the business cards. Simple or complex, alive and sparkling.

At eleven o'clock at night, dialogued with myself in front of the bathroom mirror:

__ Yeah, Leo. Today is your day. I mean, night. The Mass of the Rooster will be at midnight. When you leave the parish church, is a new day, a special day for the world and for you. It will be Christmas time and date.

The bathroom mirror, I returned to the room and grabbed my wallet, my tiny ten piano keys smuggled from Paraguay and went racing toward the Church. I turned the key in the lock, locking the gate. I looked at the sky. The moon was changing phase crescent to full. I was engrossed in an instant, inspiring that light energy, I wondered:

__ At Christmas Eve, spirit, happiness and joy life beckon.

A peace of mind involved my heart. My rainbow aura became soft and ethereal dancing like white clouds over blue sky.

The church there was a block from my residence. From the sidewalk could see the tower of the Matrix. I looked at the clock. It was twenty minutes to midnight.

 I crossed the street, squeezing step to arrive early and get a seat vacant in the first bank. First bank? How to know if Isabela, Carla Bruna and would be present at Mass? It would be very awkward looking back all the time.

And if I stayed in the middle? No. And in the background? Also, no. The best solution would be standing, leaning against the wall. Only thus, gain more mobility and broaden my field of vision.

There was the Matrix, with its facade crowned with several lamps, blinking in the rhythm of carols. Logo on the church steps, I saw Carla accompanied by their parents, entering hastily. I quickened my pace and climbed the staircase in stride.

The interior of the Matrix, in half-light, creating a romantic setting, a lot of reflection and peace. Only a few candles illuminated the interior of the church. The altar, all decorated with wild flowers and palm leaves, like a manger. A delirium of delight!

I took the brochure Mass, plunged his fingers in holy water and into the right side of the massive inner door of the Matrix, stopping next to the image of St. Anthony. The church, which was occupied by half, gradually filling and kept reaching more people. I stood against the wall in the back of the church, waiting for the right time to drive me near the altar. There would have a broader view of all the faithful.

Every minute the banks became increasingly vague and filled a tight tangle human. The flow of people moving through the narrow corridors increased gradually.

The time had come to secure a place near the altar. Following the right side, after trampling three pairs of shoes, five pairs of tennis shoes and two, I got to the desired place. Touched me on the wall and turned on my radar biological, tracking any movement within the Church.

It was not long and the radar picked up the presence of one of three girls suspected of having sent the anonymous letter. Carla was already tuned into my focal angle. An enchanting landscape, with that loose hair ensnared by a mischievous black. She wore a long dress, all flowery and black sandals that matched the dish. The lipstick was exciting, the color of love. Red. And Isabela? And Bruna? Do they not come to Mass of the Rooster?

Speaking of Bruna, there she was sitting on the left side hugging her mother. She was my inspiration in the classroom. Bruna hated poetry and claimed to be unable to even write a verse. Is it? In recent days it was very flattering to me with your childish games.