CHAPTER 1 - DESPICABLE HUMANS

Cassiopeia Greengrass stood at one of the corners in Hogwarts express with her arms crossed and a blank face. Looking into space as she tried to zoned out the happy and giddy crowd. Parents crying for the departure of their children and dramatic hugs as if they’d never see them again.

But she can never zoned  it out no matter how much she tried and it made her scowl and made her skin crawl.

“Make it quick, Zafira.” She snapped at her house elf who was loading her trunk on the train making the creature quiver at her voice.  It wasn’t like she was horrible with her house elves on a daily basis, she just don’t like people. She don’t like being around them. And she despised hearing noises.

She despised laughter, she despised joyful people because it was the complete opposite of her

She was never the one to show emotions.
At the young age, she learned that masking everything wouldn’t give people a chance to take advantage of her. She can never be seen with a smile on her face.

It didn’t help either that in her whole life, she was alone.

No human mother.

No father.

In the mansion that she lives in with only house elves as a company, only made her as colder as she was.

When she was a child, she didn’t understand why she have the life that she have but as the time went by, as she learned how to read, to comprehend, she came across an article and she finally understood.

That she was a product of an affair of a pair who was well known in the Wizarding world.
It was plastered on the daily profit front page years ago.

The day she was born was the day the media known the elicit affair of the well known both married adults that both names are in the Sacred 28.

It was an uproar.

It was chaos.

It was the talk about of the Wizarding world.
For years, it was on the news. The daily profit can never be published without the main topic until it seized and was forgotten the moment they discovered a much more interesting scoop.

They forgot about it instantly.

Just like they forgot the product of the affair. A child who in all of her innocent being, never had the love that all children deserve.

Until it was her time to have an education in Hogwarts.

It was an uproar once again when all of her glory, she walk on the stall to get sorted and to walk on her respected table without an ounce of excitement radiating off her. It was completely blank and through the years of her life in the castle, didn’t help the severity of her introverted miserable life.

“Cassiopeia, Zafira is done my Mistress.” Her house elf’s voice snapped her out of her thoughts, making her shake her head a bit and look at her elf to see her cowering in fright, no doubt because of Cassiopeia’s outburst.

It made her inside melt and she felt extremely guilty. Zafira was the one who taught her how to walk, taught her how to talk and basically taught her everything that she knew. She was basically her mother and it made her feel sick to see her Zafira look like that.

So setting aside her better judgement, she kneeled down to hug her house elf with all her might as a sign that was she was sorry like she always does when they are alone.

Silence.

It was the only thing that can observed at that moment.

Cassiopeia Greengrass was never the one to hug someone, much else a house elf but at that moment she didn’t care.