Chapter 12

Guest

"Here Fia oh! Try this one."

"It's too pink. Pink's not my color, it's yours."

My shoulders dropped from what she said and I returned the pink dress that I picked for her. I know that pink's not her color. I just..., thought that we'd go matchy-matchy with our outfits.

"How about champagne?" I said.

Her brows meet in confusion. "Champagne? Iinom tayo?"

Tumawa ako. "No silly! It's a color. Champagne color. 'Yon oh, mukhang bagay sa'yo. Tara tignan natin."

Hinila ko ang braso niya at nilapitan ang dress na tinutukoy ko. It's a long-sleeved puff dress na hanggang tuhod ang taas. It has a shimmery detailing sa front and string tie at the back. It kind of resembles a vintage style dress. Gaya sa mga nakikita ko sa magazines.

"The color looks nice," she commented. I looked at her and her eyes were focused on the dress that I was showing her. It made me smile.

"Excuse me, Miss...," I called the store attendee.

"Yes, Ma'am. How can I help you?"

"Do you have this dress in the color pink?"

The woman looked at the dress I was holding and her brows rose up. "Yes, Ma'am, indeed we have. What size are you looking for?"

Tinignan ko agad ang size ng dress na hawak ko. "Small. Same to this."

"Okay, Ma'am. I'll hand it over to you in a while."

Tumango ako at ngumiti sabay bigay ka Fia ang dress. "Try it on now. I want to see how it fits you," I said like I was an excited mother.

Ngumiti siya at tinignan ako. "Hindi. Sabay na tayo. Hintayin nating dumating ang dress mo"

Umupo kami ni Fia sa isang couch while waiting sa dress ko. Habang umuupo, I can't help not to roam my eyes around the area wherein I'm surrounded by all sorts of dresses.

If Fia's type of haven is a library, mine's a dress store or a shopping store basta may mga damit.

I've always been interested in fashion and style. Pag may nakikita akong damit sa isang store, I then imagine different fashion styles to make out of it. I even pick ideas from it and draw them in my drawing book. No one knows that na nagdraw-drawing ako ng mga damit..., even Fia.

I'm not yet confident pa kasi to share or show them to someone. I'm still in the process of learning and discovering and I know that I still have a lot to improve. But I know that one day, maipapakita ko rin ang mga gawa ko sa kanila. Someday.

"Here's the dress, Ma'am. The fitting rooms are right over there if you want to fit it."

I giggled as I took the dress and pulled Fia towards the fitting rooms. The dress was easy to fit on except the string tie part at the back so I have to go to Fia's fitting room to ask her to tie it.

"Twinny, pwede pa tie ng likuran ko?" I asked as I went inside her fitting room.

Agad siyang lumingon sa akin at mukhang nagulat ko pa siya dahil apti rin siya ay hindi pa nakatali ang sa likuran niya.

"Oops, I'm sorry."

She sighed in relief as she saw that it was me. "Damn, you scared me. But yes..., I can tie your back." He readied her hands and I immediately turned around, making my back face her.