ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ: Orange Trees - Marina┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓"Watch the sun go down into the seaWrap your love around me-e-eLife is beautiful and now you seeThis is how it feels to be freeFlowers in my hair, I belong by the seaWhere we used to be, sitti...

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
"Watch the sun go down into the sea
Wrap your love around me-e-e
Life is beautiful and now you see
This is how it feels to be free
Flowers in my hair, I belong by the sea
Where we used to be, sitting by the orange trees"
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
0:15 ──────── 3:29
II

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

"So let me get this straight, Maddie. Your soulmate is Sirius Black, like, the actual Sirius Black, but as soon as your bond connected, he ran away?" The blunt cut of her best friend's words causes her to wince as she nods in sad agreement. "That's so.."

"Stupid?" She offers.

"Yeah," she agrees. Penelope begins to pace in front of her. "Why would he do that?" She muses, drawing a hand through her thick hair. "Does he know what house you're in, at least?"

She shrugged despondently. "I hope so my robes had yellow in them, so I hope he saw that," she responds, voice dry. "He knows my first name, but that's all. He ran away before he got anything more." Maddie sighs loudly and flops back onto her bed dramatically. "I'm doomed to a life of loveless torment."

Penelope chuckles. "Nah," she comforts, sitting down beside her. She takes her hand and squeezes her fingers, and for a moment, she's transported back a few hours to when it was Sirius holding her hand. "He'll come back. He probably just freaked out. It's quite a bit thing, y'know, finding the love of your life. Maybe he needs some time to process it all."

Maddie hums. "I hope he comes back," she says, staring up at the dark grey of her ceiling.

Penelope nods sadly. "So do I."

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

Every day for the next week, she retraced her steps down the same hallway she'd walked when the other boy had bumped into her, hoping desperately that Sirius might return. And every day, she finds herself disappointed when he fails to show. She would've just walked up to him, but every time they made eye contact, he would avoid her like the plague. She didn't even see him during meal times. His friends would give her an apologetic look before they went after him.