ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : Jealousy - Queen┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓"Oh jealousy look at me nowJealousy you got me somehowYou gave me no warningTook me by surprise"┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛0:48 ──ㅇ────── 3:22↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
"Oh jealousy look at me now
Jealousy you got me somehow
You gave me no warning
Took me by surprise"
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
0:48 ──────── 3:22
II

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

It had been four weeks since Maddie's first date with Sirius, and already she's grown accustomed to having the boy in her life.

Every morning she wakes to an owl at her window, a few sweet words the indicator that she's playing on Sirius's mind, and she starts her day off with a smile as she sends back a scattering of sweet words as well. From there on, her time in school spins past; she might not be in the same house as Sirius, but his impact on her time there is still very profound: she uses one of the quills she borrowed from him to write notes to each other throughout the classes they share, and more often than not, she'll walk out of lessons to find him waiting for her with warm arms and a wide grin.

She's really starting to like him, which is why she's decided it's about time to meet the other significant people in Sirius's life: his family. He hasn't lived with his parents since the summer of 5th year. So he lives in Godric's Hollow with James's parents, Fleamont and Euphemia Potter. It's her impression that the woman is one of the most significant people in his life, so it's with understandable nerves that she finds herself being pulled along the Potter's stone pathway, her body shaking with anxiety.

"Maybe this is a bad idea," Maddie mutters, looking at her older brother pleadingly. "Maybe it's too soon to meet all these people."

Lucas turns to her, a knowing smile on his lips.
"Nonsense," he chirps unhelpfully. "I'm dying to meet her, and I'm sure she feels the same about you. And anyway, it won't just be her, will it?"

She gives a curt nod. "Sirius's friends James and Remus will also be there," she murmurs. Unfortunately, Peter was not going to be able to make it. She falls to a stop outside of the Potter's Cottage, and Lucas gives her shoulder a nudge.

"It'll be entirely fine, sis," he comforts, humor dancing in his eyes. "Don't worry about it." She knows he finds it funny, knows he's had a riot watching her slowly work herself up into a spin about the entire encounter. It's not him being mean, just him being her brother, but his amusement is infuriating.

Maddie grimaces. "Easy for you to say," she grunts.
"Amelia's family loves you."

Lucas shrugs, a teasing smile on his lips. "And before that happened, I had to meet them all. Trust me. I've been here before. Just go in with smiles and an open mind, and I'm sure it'll be great."