Chapter 40 - Safe At Last

"Blow it up on my command," Vinchenzo yelled into his little microphone before he picked me up and began running. He ran through the whole compound as though he had been through it a million times.

As soon as we were inside Vinchenzo yelled a command in Italian and suddenly a countdown began.

"Vinchenzo!" I gasped, "Sienna! She is in there!" I yelled.

Vinchenzo shook his head but continued running away from the compound. As soon as we were close to a few cars, a loud explosion sounded, and I watched as the whole building crumbled down into a pile of nothing.

"No!" I screamed as tears fell down my face, "You blew up Sienna! She was in there! How could you!" I yelled as tears streamed down my face.

"I am right here!" Sienna said giving me a fright.

"Oh my gosh!" I said feeling my heart which was trying to pound its way out of my rib cage, "You're fine, you're fine." I whispered as I pulled her into a hug.

"You are crazy if you thought I was going to leave my fiancée." Danté said as he hugged Sienna from behind with a smile on his face.

"You came!" I said happily as I pulled Vinchenzo into a hug. He seemed very surprised but awkwardly hugged me back.

"Of course. You are my world. I couldn't live without you even if I tried." He whispered as he tightened his grip on my waist.

"How'd you find us?" I asked.

"Your ring. We were able to track it." He said.

"So, me pushing the ruby in didn't do anything?"

"No. That helped us so much. You sent us your location every time you pushed it."

"What were the vibrations?" I asked as I pulled away from the hug and Vinchenzo led me to the car.

"Just trying to pinpoint your exact coordinates."

"Is that why you told me to have hope? You didn't tell me about the vibrations." Sienna said with a small frown.

"To be honest with you, I thought I was hallucinating the feeling. I didn't want to be wrong about it." I said and Sienna rolled her eyes but smiled.

"I am so happy you guys came."

"They haven't gotten a wink since you guys have been missing." Alessandro said from the driver's position.

"You're here too?" I whispered as I looked at Alessandro from the back seat where I sat next to Vinchenzo who holding my hand tightly.

"Yep! Couldn't miss my cousin's reunion with his lover." He winked and I smiled feeling content.

"You came at the right time, you know?" I whispered to Vinchenzo.

"Why?" He asked as he placed his hand gently on my face and pushed it onto his shoulder.

"I had to make a hard choice. It was either I stayed locked in that treacherous place forever or I have my uncle killed and his beta named as the rightful leader."

"Well, isn't it option one the best in this case?"

"I don't want to be responsible for the death of my uncle. I have lost a mother and a sister. I didn't want to lose an uncle, too. I didn't want his blood on my hands." I answered.

"I know it's a hard choice to make but you need to look at all the perspectives. Why are you being so kind to him when he has treated you horribly?"

"How do you know that?" I asked.

"Sienna was very informative. The large bulge and bruise on the side of your head also indicates that which she described to us is true." He said as he touched it.

"Ow!" I yelled and slapped his hand away, "It hurts! Don't touch it!"

"I knew we shouldn't have left Steven at the airport," Vinchenzo muttered as gently brushed my hair.

"Steven is here too?"

Vinchenzo nodded, "I wanted you to have medical care as soon as we got you. I was starting to imagine the worst when we couldn't find you."

"How did you find the cells?" I asked just as Alessandro flew over a speed bump that rattled the whole car.

"Watch out!" Vinchenzo yelled.

"Didn't see it, boss, I am sorry!"

Vinchenzo rolled his eyes and said nothing. I nudged him.

"Answer my question!"

"We located Sienna first. Then she told us what happened to you when Callum heard you talking about leaving. I figured he would have hidden you somewhere and it took us a couple of hours to locate you."

"Oh." I said.

There was a silence that spread throughout the Jeep. It wasn't awkward or anything. In an odd way, it was kind of comforting. The soft hum of the Jeep's engine lulled me to sleep as I rested my head against Vinchenzo's chest. I felt warm and most of all protected and safe. 

"Red, wake up. We are at the airport." Vinchenzo whispered as he gently shook me awake.

I groaned before I opened my eyes and stretched out my arms. I let Vinchezo help me out of the car and up the stairs to his private jet.

"Are you tired?" He asked me.

I nodded with a yawn, "I am exhausted."

"Let Steven check you first and then you can sleep on your way back."

"How long is the flight back?"

"About nine hours." Vinchenzo said, "No stops."

"Sir the jet is fueled."

"Then let us be on our way." He said as he helped to a nearby room where Steven had laid out all of his medical items. 

"Hi Arianna. It's amazing to see you alive again." He said as he snapped on some white rubber gloves and grabbed his stethoscope. He poked and prodded me repeatedly whilst I sat in silence staring at the wall. 

"You seem to be fine. Are you feeling pain anywhere?" 

"Her head." Vinchenzo said, answering on my behalf.

Steven swiped my hair to the side and looked at my head. I winced as he gently touched the area that was sore.

"How did you get this?" He asked as he peered down at me.

"Had my head smashed into a wall." I said, trying to be uncaring about the whole ordeal.

Steven sighed before he grabbed a light and shined it in my eyes.

"What is it?" Vinchenzo demanded.

"Just a bruise. You're lucky you don't have a concussion." Steven said and I nodded.

"Can I please sleep now?" 

"Of course." Steven said as he packed up his gear and gave me a small smile before directing his attention to Vinchenzo, "I will be checking on Sienna now."

Vinchenzo simply nodded. I laid myself down on the bed and let myself fall asleep.

Just before I was completely asleep, I felt Vinchenzo brush my hair and plant  a small kiss on my forehead, "I am going to make you my wife." He whispered.

Hey Reddies!

I do hope that you liked this chapter! Isn't Vinchenzo just the sweetest?

Anyways, make sure to leave your thoughts in the comment section and give this chapter a vote if you liked it!

XOXO
Perla 

P.S. next update: Tomorrow!!