Tales and Lies(unedited)

Hello readers. I know it's only been a few days, but I have the next chapter of the story out. Enjoy it while I write the next chapter. I'm sorry if some of these chapters take a while. I have other stories I have been writing. Thank you and comment on anything I need to fix grammar or spelling wise. Or just comment to compliment. That way I know I'm doing well or not. Read on!

................................................................................................................................

As my vision returned to me after being teleported I could see the people sitting in the stands in front of me watching the six of us on the huge, raised auditorium stage. Everyone seemed to be watching Apollo and me for our next move. I stood there interested only in my wooden sandals on my feet. I was brought out of my staring contest with my shoes by the voice of the announcer. "These three brave and noble teams have beat their competition and now will be asked to stand among our army's ranks as legendary heroes of our future," the announcer was shouting into the microphone and people in the crowd were covering their ears, this guy probably had just gotten this job after working a stand at the market.

"What are we supposed to do now," Apollo leans over to me and whispers. I elbow him and he winces quietly and slumps his shoulder. His attention returns to in front of him. Two people down from me a girl who had won was waving and smiling to the crowd like a princess. One the other side of me a guy was looking at the crowd uneasily, refusing to make eye contact with anyone. The other girl looks at me knowingly. I know her, she's from school. When I used to get bullied and not be able to stand up for myself, she would help me out. Her name's Joy, some say she has a power that goes with her healing properties. But that power is dormant unless needed and doesn't really show itself well enough to call it a power. She can make anyone smile and cheer up just from a reassuring look or a few confident words. She's the only thing I've had to a best friend, or a friend at that. That doesn't matter, though, because she's friends with everyone. Her loving treatment isn't just for me. I watch as the highest ranking general of our army stands up from his seat in the front row and makes his way to the stage, slowly, allowing the announcer to ramble. When he gets up to the stage he takes the microphone, whispers a few things to the announcer, who nods with a huge grin on his face, and the announcer rushes off in a flash.

"Now, we would like to introduce our new little healers and warriors by giving them awards as a team. We have three awards here today to give these brave children. Ah, here comes the awards now," the general gestures towards the side of the stage where the announcer was now running back up the stairs of the stage juggling six medium-sized trophies in his hands.

The announcer makes his way over to the announcer after flaunting up the stairs and across the stage. I can see the six trophies are for three things. Two trophies so that the team who won the award would have a trophy each.

"Our first award goes to the team of Joy and Cadby. Their team was peaceful and stayed out of the fighting for almost the entire game. They have won the Peace award," the general says.

They are each handed a trophy and the crowd cheers for them. I can't help but smile, Joy was always the one to keep people from fighting at school. I can't imagine her going to war.

"Next we have our team of Harbin and Amara. As a team, they fought and won more fights than any other team standing on this platform. They have won the Battle award," the general says.

Again, they are each handed a trophy. This time everyone claps even louder, or at least a ton of guys. Amara is said to be the 'hottest' girl at school and she's super boy-crazy. I watch her as she blows kissing into the crowd, giggles, and waves towards her fan club of hyperventilating boys.