Too Late || Max Mayfield

Summary: Y/n and Max have been in a secret relationship. Y/n came out as bisexual, but Max won't let tell anyone about them.
Max manages a toxic behaviour, overshadowing Y/n's insecurities, manipulating her to make her believe that what Max's doing is for them.

— What if it had been Nancy who found out about the damage Max was doing on Y/n? —

"I'm sorry for using Lucas. I know it's not the right thing, I'm already working on something for us" Said Max while Y/n was wiping her face. She kissed her freckled face ending on her soft lips, the ones she hasn't kissed in days. "I promise this will be over"

Mike on the other room heard everything, and didn't buy Max's excuse.

Mike already knew that sooner rather than later she would fall back into an emotional crisis, and that again Max would come up with excuses to get away with it. Y/n will believe her and forget what she did. It was a loop.

One night, Mike and Y/n returned at home from the arcade and a picnic the party had. Y/n wasn't on mood, not after Max ignored her all day for being with Lucas, "pretending" that she was getting into him.
Mike noticed her face, and he didn't even dare to say anything knowing she will explode on him.

"Hi guys" Saluted Karen cheerful as her kids were passing by the dining room, she was with Nancy who was setting the table with her. "How was your day? Had some fun?"

Y/n turned to them and groaned loudly showing stress and annoyance. Karen and Nancy saw how Y/n walked away straight up to her room, each step taken hit the floor brutally. Then looked at Mike who was without expression. "... It went great" He said nodding his head before running upstairs following his twin sister

Nancy found her behaviour odd, so once she finished helping her mom, she went to discover what got her like that.

When Nancy reached the second floor, she could hear how someone was arguing. "Can you keep it quiet?" Nancy could hear Y/n

" I just want to know why you let her treat you like that?" Said Mike quietly, yet Nancy understood what he said

"You will never understand our position"

"Your position you must say, cause it doesn't look like she's having a hard time as you"

"God, Mike, just leave me alone, I don't want to talk about it—"

"Is everything alright?" Nancy asked causing Y/n to immediately stop talking

"Yeah... I'm just... On my days" Y/n responded staring at Mike not to open his mouth

Nancy scowled strange. "But that was like two weeks ago, you asked me to get you pads, remember?"

"What are you? The menstruation police? Get out, both of you" She said pushing them away

"But dinner is almost ready" Said Nancy once she and Mike were out

"Congratulations, now leave me alone" BAM! She slammed the door in their faces

"What is wrong with her?" Asked Nancy to him

Mike sighed hopeless before responding. "I've been wondering the same thing lately" After that he shook his head in denial and went to his own room, slamming the door as well

Max was not only playing with Y/n's feelings, she was also making Lucas believe she was into him. She was fooling two people he cares about, he has the right to be mad.
But as much as he wanted, he couldn't intervene. Y/n made him promised he won't let Max know he was aware they two were a couple, hence he couldn't face Max for hurting Y/n.