(Prologue): What's The Harm In A Little Lie?

I.... Could never really talk to people.

I'm not mute, it's just hard to make conversation. There's always been this wall of disconnect between me and others.

But mostly... I just don't like these people.

And by these people, I mean my classmates.

They're loud. Irritating. And SO eccentric. Like characters from the media.

We got the goth rocker who's all about "the art", the cubby geek who is all about "the environment", the "nice" jock who's every girl's fantasy, the bimbo model who's on magazines, oh and let's not forget...

President Perfect. The girl everyone adores. The symbol of purity and kindness.

Maybe I sound like a judgmental jerk, but hear me out...

Every lesson... EVERY SINGLE LESSON...

There's always something. Because they always talk over the teachers, ignoring them, and those are the nice days.

I try to tune them out, but it doesn't make every day at school a painful drag.

Sometimes I wanna yell at them, throw something at them to just show my disdain!

But what will that achieve? Attention? Why would I want that? I'm in the sweet spot of not getting bullied and not having friends.

Why. Would. I. Want. To. Leave?

Today was probably the best day of school ever.

Sadly, it took the death of one of our classmates, President Perfect's boyfriend, who took their own life, and President Perfect herself, moving across countries to achieve a quiet room with no arguing.

I sat in the corner as usual and watched the others say goodbye.

(President Perfect: Liz Bombay)

Liz: I'll miss you guys...

(Class Goth: Keith Rictor)

Keith: If you must go... You must.

(sniff)

(The activist: Verona Delly)