Dan Is The New Punk

So here I am, sitting at my table during lunch.

The mere second that I open my lunchbox, Laura and Richard arrive. Laura gives me a look telling me she wants my lunch, I thus switch with her.

No problem...

I don't care about that.

Do I care that now not only are all the guys looking at me weirdly, but so are all the girls because of Richard?!

Nah, that isn't my current concern, but I'm definitely putting a pin in that for later...

No, my biggest issue was their T-shirts and gloomy faces. And I know the reason for it...

Keith...

The Goth, artist is going to perform. The last time he did, almost the whole school went Goth with how depressing it was. If it weren't for president perfect, Liz, even I would have had to pretend to be goth just not to stick out.

But due to my "situation," I know the subject of his performance.

"Everyone is going to die"

How did I know?

(Yesterday)

Keith: "Liz, it's time for my next performance."

Keith: "What are your thoughts on making the melody with a choir of orphans, and the supporting instruments with off-key instruments?"

Dan:... What the hell...?

Dan: "Why don't you start small?"

Keith: "A minimalistic approach?"

Keith: "Yes, that could work. With my theme of 'Everyone is going to die,' the minimalistic approach will rhyme with it."

(Present day)

Yeah, so a depressing day awaits me. Judging by Laura and Richard's condition, they already have been cursed with listening to Keith's demo.

Hopefully, if I don't bring up the subject I can avoid getting involved with it.

Laura: Dan, can I ask you a favor?

Dan: Depends on the favor-Wha!?

She leans over the table and pulls me closer by the scruff of my shirt. At this point, I'm losing my cool, her face is inches away from my face, and she smells really nice which makes me self-conscious of my breath...

So that makes me stop breathing-oh wait she's saying something...

Laura: Stop Keith. I'm too young to think about depressing stuff.

Dan: Why me...?

Richard: Because we're too depressed right now...

Laura: He's right. You're our only hope without Liz...

Dan:(sigh)... I-I'll try...

I couldn't really say no... Not because she was so close to me- I mean it was exactly that!

Yeah, she had crazy eyes so, I didn't dare say no. Yeah... Yeah... No other reason...

Anyhow, with no other choice, I go out to find Keith.

I found him on the school's performance stage, rehearsing the saddest tune I've ever heard.

Luckily, before I got infected with depression, he took notice of me and stopped playing. Keith stood up and shouted.

Keith: Out! I need my privacy as I rehearse!

Dan: Yeah... About that...

Keith: About what?