XVIII

Seeing his fiancé causes Jungkook to relax immediately. Not spending almost every second with him made him realize how clingy he was, but how much he misses Jimin every second. Next time he does an outing, he's bringing him. For his own sake, and so his people get more interaction with their soon to be co-leader. But mainly because he can't stand not seeing Jimin.

The prince still didn't notice that Jungkook had entered his office, though. After dealing with Jin, he went back here to write up some plans. The troops' health is always important to him, so having the meal planner just down the hallway from him was convenient. Both of them excel in herbs and medicines, and their care for others is strong as well. So Jimin was head deep into new paperwork. His mind is full of new thoughts, every few minutes, and his pen constantly moving cancled out any noise he could hear. So Jungkook takes advantage of this to sneak up on him.

He takes quiet steps and soon makes it behind Jimin. He leans over his shoulder and next to his ear, "I see you're working on some plans. What brought this upon you?" He smiles, seeing Jimin drop his pen and jump from being startled.

"Jeon Jungkook," Jimin says while looking up at his lover, "Why did you decide to scare me like that?" Jungkook laughs a little and pulls Jimin up into a hug. The hug is tight for a moment before both relax into each other's arms.

"I decided to take advantage of the moment. You were so deep in thought that you didn't even notice me opening your door. And I know that one is not quiet. I hated it when I was working in here," he pauses to take a glance around the room, "We need to make this place more yours." Jimim looks around and nods in agreement. It would be nice, but he does already like how this place looks. Plus, he doesn't really spend time in here in general. Typically, it's to grab his paperwork and then to head to Jungkook office so they could work on their paperwork together.

Jungkook finally let's them out of the hug but doesn't let Jimin go fully. He places his hands on the other's hips, carefully pulling him up and onto the desk. One of his hands trails upwards to the back of Jimin's neck while the other places a secure grasp on his lower back. He leans down to place a gentle kiss on Jimin's lips. They both take a second to enjoy it. It felt like heaven. And they both really needed something like this.

They pull apart slowly and smile at each other. Love and admiration could be seen on one another's faces. These times when they can't see each other would be something they'll need to get use to. Being alone again. In a short time, their schedules have completely changed, and so did their body language, their lifestyles, and their duties. They now have to make sure no one outside of the kingdom hears of their relationship as well until well after their marriage. War was always on the verge with greedy people. But they knew this beforehand.

"I was very bored without you. Well, until Jin got a hold of me and I ended back here. I also missed you a lot. I didn't realize how much we clung onto each other till today," Jimin says while rubbing his thumb against Jungkook's face.

Jungkook smiles and nods, "I wasn't bored, but I was definitely scared. You never know what could happen while I'm out of the castle. And my fear mixed with that feeling of missing you definitely did not help me out one bit. I'm just happy the guards told me they saw you come here so I didn't have to play a guessing game of where you went." The prince giggles upon hearing about the almost search.

"You know I don't go much besides three rooms here. And if I was still with Jin, you would be able to hear him from a mile away," both then smile and laugh. Jimin was true. Jin is always excited to see them both. And with excited Jin came a very loud Jin. "Let's head back to our room and relax. You look like you need intense cuddles. "

"I would love some. It was a long day without you," Jungkook frowns while responding. It was a long day hearing what some people thought of Jimin. Some of his officials were making unnecessary comments about his body while others disliked the fact that the prince wasn't more like a princess. To be aware of what's happening but not to do much. And he couldn't tell which ones made him more upset. Both were upsetting comments, but Jimin isn't an item. Jimin was going to be their ruler alongside himself.

He doesn't want to lose Jimin either. Some of his officials might have someone come kill him... or worse. The thought of Jimin getting hurt even in the slightest kills him on the inside. Maybe bringing him on the next outing might not be a good thing. He'll just join the next time Jimin has to leave the castle for a meeting with the governors or on sight doctors. That way, Jimin is safe from the wicked people in some of the other branches.

Hating the idea, Jungkook thinks about possibly making his best guard watch Jimin while he's out. Only two of Jimin's guards came with him, so a third might be the way to go. Hopefully, his lover won't be upset with this decision. If it comes down to it.

~~~~~~~

Shoes tapping on marble is the only noise. Everyone is silent while a group of men walk in front of them. A mix of astonishment and unease makes everyone sit in silence. The guards in the group slowly move to the sides and behind the two men who were actually invited to this meeting of sorts. And the two men who merge forwards looking irritated. Their jaws are locked, muscles tensed, and their eyes say it all. Their kingdom shouldn't be here, but due to treaties, they must show up.

"Thank you for joining us, King Jeon and-"

"Prince Jimin."

Merry Christmas Eve to those who celebrate!