part two || chapter eleven

Soon they all sat down in the massive ball room were a few giant dining tables were set. The main table held the royals, except for Prince Tommy, who insisted on sitting with his friends. Techno and Dream sat together as well. Plates with heaping piles of food were brought out to them. The room was loud and boisterous as conversation flowed.

Nobles, diplomats and a few knights alike all stood or sat around getting warm on wine and ale. Dinner was finished and dessert was brought out and the band played lively but appropriate music and people danced. Tommy, Tubbo, and Ranboo ran around the ball room laughing and dancing, practically high on sugar. Dream sipped his wine as he watched the people around him. The Kings and Queen sat together speaking. Techno was with Tommy and his friends trying to control them to no avail. He laughed when he saw Technoblade pick up Prince Tommy and Tommy's legs still moved in the air as if he was still running.

Wilbur was speaking to George and Sapnap; they all held drinks in their hands while they talked and laughed. Sapnap waved Dream over. Clay walked to them and bowed slightly.
"Your Highnesses"

"Dream. I've just been informed Sapnap is meant to marry George." Wilbur spoke laughing a bit

Dream stiffened "it's true."

Regrettably. He thought.

"It's hard to believe that our little Nick is practically betrothed." He mused

"I find it hard to believe myself."

"And to someone so much prettier than him." Wilbur laughed clearly a little tipsy

Dream looked to George. He looked wildly uncomfortable. Though he was still forcing a smile. But he excused himself politely and walked away.

Dream watched as he walked by the royals table towards the exit and was stopped by his mother. He obviously couldn't hear what was said but George looked slightly defeated as he walked back towards them.

"Prince Nick." He said softly with a kind smile "won't you dance with me?"

Dream now understood what was said. Sapnap looked happy. "Of course George."

Dream watched as his brother held his hand out for George who took it gently. They walked to the middle of the floor where everyone was dancing and began to dance together. They looked good. Like how a couple is meant to look. Anyone who saw them would think they're a perfect match. It made Dream's chest hurt a bit. He wasn't angry. Just a little sad.

They danced a few songs and eventually, George pulled away, said something to Sapnap, walked over to grab a cup of wine and sat down at an empty table alone.

Out of nowhere, Tommy, Tubbo, and Ranboo all ran into Dream. Almost making him fall over.

"Dream!" Tommy yelled

"Prince Tommy, Tubbo, Ranboo." Dream smiled as he greeted the kids.

"Who's that man you're looking at?" Tubbo asks curiously

"I uh-" Dream stuttered and Tommy cut him off

"That's Prince George. He's gonna marry Nick. Can you introduce us? I wanna say hi"

"Well- sure?" Dream hesitated but walked over to the table George was at with all three boys trailing behind him. He wasn't sure how this would go. "Prince George." Dream bowed.

George gave a slightly confused and irritated look to Dream before looking behind him to find three kids standing there. "Hello?"

"Allow me to introduce Prince Tommy, second in line for the Snowchester throne, and his closest friends Tubbo and Ranboo."