|TWENTY-ONE|

╔═━─━▒ ۞ ▒━─━═╗SINGULARITY╚═━─━▒ ۞ ▒━─━═╝

╔═━─━▒ ۞ ▒━─━═╗
SINGULARITY
╚═━─━▒ ۞ ▒━─━═╝

Yi-Seo

“What do you mean you know who did it?” The tone of my voice mirrors the shocked state of my mind, and it makes Taehyung chuckle a little.

“Yeah, you heard me right. I know who did it,” he states coolly, confidently; his speech is a little slurred at this point.

“And you still remained quiet? Why did you not tell the media about it?” I ask him, a little agitated by his stupidity.

“I had my reasons,” Taehyung keeps his answer short, and it actually shuts me up because I have also made so many foolish decisions in the past saying that I had my own reasons for everything.

Taehyung, too, knows some of the absurdity from my past, and I absolutely have no place to question him in this regard.

“Who did it?” I ask him in a serious tone.

“You still didn’t figure it out?” Taehyung lets out an amused chuckle.

“Is it somebody we have talked about already?” I’m clueless, and I think I need a moment to shake my head and revisit all the details he gave me to narrow down on somebody as a potential suspect.

“How does it matter now? What’s done is done, and revealing this person isn’t going to get me my dignity or any other fucking thing back. I know that the clip is still out there doing its rounds on the internet, and there’s no one to take it down now because everyone has given up on me. But, that’s okay, and I’m not seeking pity or sympathy. Never have. I’m happy as long as I’m left to be on my own,” he adds in a clinical tone that has absolutely no trace of any emotions to it, and it clearly tells me how he is so done with everyone and everything around him.

The pendulum within my mind isn’t oscillating because I want to give him a hug again, and not a slap, and the last thing I felt was also wanting to give him a hug.

“What would you want from this person if one day they confessed that they leaked this tape on purpose? What would your reaction be?” My question comes out with caution, and it only earns me a sarcastic scoff from him.

“Do you think the person didn’t confess it to me?” Taehyung’s visage turns red with fury, and his chest heaves up and down. “They didn’t just confess, they confronted me with the fact, and they dared to rub it in my face that they did it on purpose,” his voice is much deeper now, his eyes are bloodshot, and his hands tremble slightly as he shakes his head a little before violently pouring the contents of his glass down his throat and swallowing it all down in one huge gulp, grimacing at the punch offered by the drink.

Taehyung slams his glass back on the table, making me flinch, and then he snatches another black pack of cigarettes from the table top. He pulls out one and places it between his lips and lights it up, dragging in a lungful of smoke before slowly exhaling it through his mouth and nostrils; his whole body relaxing visibly once the smoke seeps into his lungs, and his head is now tilted back and facing the roof.