|THIRTEEN|

╔═━──━▒ ۞ ▒━──━═╗FLY TO MY ROOM╚═━──━▒ ۞ ▒━──━═╝

╔═━──━▒ ۞ ▒━──━═╗
FLY TO MY ROOM
╚═━──━▒ ۞ ▒━──━═╝

Yi-Seo

“You can eat now,” I point to the dishes spread out in the little space that I could clear out on Taehyung’s dining table that was cluttered mostly with half-empty packets of chips and other snacks. There’s also a heavy cardboard box on one side of the table that I couldn’t move because it is filled with unused bottles of alcohol, most definitely.

“Don’t expect anything in return from me,” Taehyung comments as he loudly drags the chair back a little and sits down on it.

“I won’t,” I lower my gaze to the floor and nod my head slowly while he begins eating.

“I believe you already ate your meal?” His eyes stay glued to his food, gathering a blob of rice with his chopsticks as he speaks, but mine lift to look at the endearing sight of him falling in love with his food.

“I did,” I respond softly, a timid smile ghosting my lips.

Nodding, he continues scarfing his food like he hasn’t seen a morsel in a few days, and it actually makes me curious as to how he survives on other days.

“What do you eat on other days? I’m sure you don’t cook and do the dishes,” I shift my weight over to my other leg as I still stand there, waiting for his permission to sit down on one of the chairs.

“Why are you standing?” His eyes finally lift to look at me, and I happily pull a chair to sit down at a safe distance from him.

Seeing what I’m doing, he furrows his eyebrows. “I meant that you can leave. I can eat by myself,” he immediately goes back to his food after successfully letting me know that my presence isn’t needed or appreciated.

“Sure,” I give him a defeated smile and get ready to leave, and right at that moment, my phone rings.

Glancing at the screen of my phone, I discover that it is from some unknown phone number, and without thinking much I answer the call right away.

“Hel-”

“Jagiya?” The very familiar voice causes my blood to freeze, and my jaw drops open, as do my eyes that open wide.

Jagiya, I know you’re still there, laughing about insulting me, but you do know that I will not remain silent about what happened yesterday,” he says coldly, and my limbs begin to tremble a little. Sensing my dead silence and still as a statue posture, Taehyung’s eyes dart in my direction.

I swallow thickly, and my mouth opens and closes, unable to answer Jungkook while my eyes stay frozen on Taehyung, who is now slowly chewing his food and leaning back in his chair with his emotionless, unwavering stare set strong on me.