Forth

Now that Lam and Park made peace, that idiot needed no one else but Lam by his side. So I told the two of them, I come see them after doing my classwork for the day. 2nd day of suspension found me in the library again, mugging away.

About an hour later, I heard footsteps and looked up to see Kong standing in front of me. I just ignored him and went back to my work.

It was the library, a free place. I didn't have to talk to him and if he did and I didn't like it, I can walk away. He sat down opposite me again and I just stiffened. But I resolutely didn't look at his way and kept my eyes down.

"Forth. Forth." He whispered.

I looked up at him stonily.

"Can we please talk for a while?"

"Nothing to talk about P. If you are here to spy on me, this is my schedule."

I scribbled "Fuck off" on my post it and pushed it across to him. He groaned slightly when he saw it. He knew I was still mad. We were there until 1pm and I refused to even look his way the entire time. At 1pm, I packed up my things and made my way to the noodle shop wanting to have lunch before visiting Park. Kong was directed to my table again this time. However, I just stood up, did a take away of my food and left. Kong was stunned by my coldness and just watched as I strode off. I have to say, even the auntie was surprised.

I went to visit Park, spent a few hours with them and got ready to leave the hospital around 6pm. I saw Kong waiting outside with Aim and I groaned inwardly. I couldn't ignore Aim. He did nothing wrong plus he was a family friend. Aim walked towards me.

"Hello Forth. How have you been? Here to see Park?"

"Yes P. Came to see Park. He's much better now. Should be discharged by tomorrow. You?"

"That's good. I'm here to accompany Kong. He's here for some business at the hospital and so since I was around the area, I figured I come with him."

"Oh" Kong took his leave and Aim promised to wait. He nodded and left.

"What's with the two of you?"

"Nothing P."

"You sure? I know you two aren't friends but I thought you guys were at least civil. But both of you didn't acknowledge each other."

"Nothing to acknowledge P. We are strangers anyways."

"I'm not one to advise because I have done the exact same shit he has done before and also been on the same receiving end as you too. So I seen both sides of the coin. But when someone has made a mistake and wants to repent and learn, you need to give them a chance Forth. Making mistakes is fine. As long as they don't do it again."

I just kept quiet. Aim smiled at me, asked me to come visit soon as his Mum missed me. I nodded and just then Kong came back. I flicked my eye and saw a band aid on his left arm. I didn't say anything.

"You brought your bike Forth?"

"I did P. You need a ride?"

"Not me. My boyfriend is coming to pick me up. But can I trouble you to give Kong a ride? He didn't bring his car plus he just did a blood transfusion so he is light headed. I prefer he went home with someone I knew. Will that be OK?"

I kept quiet for a few seconds. Kong was about to say something when I nodded in agreement. He was surprised but didn't say anything. We got onto the bike and I sent him home. It was a quiet fitful journey.

Once we reached his dorm, Kong got off, thanked me for the ride and went off. I watched as he left. I sighed softly as I headed to the nearest minimart. I bought a pack of chocolate malt drinks, raisins and some granola bars. I thought this may help post his blood donation and not make him feel so light headed.

I went up to his dorm and was contemplating between knocking on his door or leaving it hanging. Just then his door opened and I came face to face with him!

"Forth..."

"I ah, came to give you this. It should help post the donation. Have something sweet."

I shoved the things in his hand and strode off, leaving Kong gaping in my wake. If I had turned to look, I would have seen Kong blushing softly. Well, my face wasn't any better.