Chapter Two

MOUNT ORASAE – 6:00 AM

In the main room, Christy is practicing with her sais swords.

[Christy's Outfit]

"You should be getting some sleep." Nadia said.

Christy looks at her mother. "Mom? How did you . . ." she trailed off."

". . . release myself from the dungeon? I took off the magical golden bracelet cuff." said Nadia. "Where's Klaus and the others?"

"They left. Went back to New Orleans." Christy said.

"And yet, you chose to remain here." Nadia said, slowly walks up to her. "Christy, you can't do this by yourself."

"I have to." Christy said. "If I don't defeat Lorena, she will destroy everyone here, even you, Dad, Maximus, my grandparents and Maximus's parents."

"You don't have to do this, Christiana." Nadia said.

"I'm not doing this for me, Mom." Christy said.

"I know. And what you're doing is heroic. But I cannot let you do this. Not for me." Nadia said.

"When I was a child, whenever you and Dad were out and about, I would stay up for you both, I wouldn't sleep until you and Dad came back home." Christy said.

And Nadia smiles a little. "I know. Your father and I both remember."

Nadia and Christy exchange small smiles at each other.

And Nadia gently brushes Christy's hair behind her ear. "Train well, my daughter. And sleep well."

"I will." Christy said.

Nadia plants a kiss on Christy's forehead and walks away.

⚜️⚜️⚜️

3RD POV

That morning, at the Mikaelson Compound, in the study, Klaus is sitting on the sofa, drinking bourbon.

A 16 year old Luna Mikaelson slowly walks into the study. "Dad?"

"Luna? What are you doing up?" Klaus asked her.

"Where's Mom?" Luna asked.

"Your mother's preoccupied as of right now." Klaus said.